Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rattles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y, around a year old, rattles from seemingly multiple locations whenever I go over a bump. I just put in a service request and received an estimate for $265. This seems like something that should be under warranty. Has anyone any knowledge whether it’s likely to be covered? Also, when I had work done under warranty, I was allowed to use Uber for the day. Anyone know if I’ll get to use Uber with this work?

Oh... Where to begin. I have done my time with one of the earliest Ys back in 2020. Some minor creaks and rattles you must live with. Some Tesla will simply say "it's within spec" to which you yell out BS! Some you will find creative ways to fix yourself. Just the fact of life owning a brand that is riddled with production/assembly QA issues since day one. I now have a late 2023 version and the difference is nght and day with this one. With that said, they generally offer a voucher of a certain amount. Should the repair take longer than expected, they will adjust accordingly. Depending on certain SCs with available loaners will offer you one as well.

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
Upvote 0