Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Servo noise when heater is on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 70D, and yesterday the heater started making weird noises. Initially, on my way home, it made sort of a repeated clicking noise - kind of like a fan hitting something. I turned the heater off the rest of the way, and hoped the windows wouldn't fog up.

This morning I tried the heater, and now it's making a different noise - it sounds like servos repeatedly running for about a second, then stopping for a second, then running again, stopping, etc.. Do the ducts have servo-powered flaps? I'm wondering if it could be cycling back and forth between positions for some reason.

I need to schedule a SC visit - unfortunately the nearest one is an hour away.

Thanks for any advice!

i had that annoying clicking noise and took it in showed it to the rep.

They said it's not big enough reason. pdf screenshot attached below.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.7 KB · Views: 92
So took the car in, and a rock had hit the radiator which got dented in and they say it popped out enough that the louvre/cooling flaps are hitting it when opening. "Hoping" this is the fix is what they say. I'm getting wheel liners replaced since they flew off in the snow storm thanksgiving, but estimate is around $2100. Told them that other people are having the same issue, no response to that. I think they just saw the physical damage and are going with that as the fix. Being I want this car in tip top shape I'll get the radiator changed, but not betting that money that it is the cause of these sounds.