Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Set regen breaking to Low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My daughter wants to set the regen breaking to low as she is brand new to electric cars, and the regular mode is a little disconcerting. But when she hits the "driving" tab on controls, the regen breaking option is not shown. The only page to be displayed is the stopping mode (creep, hold, role) How does she get to the regen page?

Might be a problem for those who use light regen for winter driving.

Actually, I think full regen helps a lot with winter driving. The computer will not allow one or more wheels to lock up and slide, plus regen is not fully in effect when things are cold anyway. It is really amazing when slippery, if you stomp on it, it will only accelerate to the maximum allowed by slippery roads. It refuses to break traction.

I had to call support and they verified Tesla took that option away to improve mileage. My wife hated it however, when I switched the stopping mode to roll instead of hold, it lessened the regenerative braking.

Apparently Tesla changed this with newer builds and that option doesn’t exist ..she will get used to the regen it actually makes driving easier in my opinion ..there is a separate thread here discussing the removal of regen setting

Regenerative braking control missing
My new model X LR+, delivered 9/22, has the low/standard regen braking option on the controls > driving page. I tested it, and there is definitely a decrease in the braking on the low setting.

I don't believe it if your new X was made in October 2020, can you share a screenshot please?
Just noticed your post. My response: I took delivery on 9/22/2020, so my build was probably in August, not October/
I read the removal happened in June or July. I still don’t believe it
That's the way it is. It is your prerogative to believe it or not, but that's the way it is.