TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Several of you in New Mexico (or East) About to Get Happy

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ThisIsTrue, Mar 19, 2017.

1. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Member

I'm on a road trip to Texas and Oklahoma (from Western Colorado), and yesterday on I-40 on the way to the Tucamcari supercharger a car carrier pulled in front of me to pass someone slower. It dawned on me that I was seeing the front end of a Model S -- the carrier was full of Teslas! Looked like two CPOs and several brand new S and Xs. I threw the phone to my wife and said "TAKE PICTURES!!"

tucumcari.jpg

I hope several of you are about to be Very Happy. Enjoy your new cars!

(I'll post a trip report later. Did 750 miles the first day. I love road trips in my Model S!)

• Like x 1
  2. reddy

reddy Member

I actually just charged up at Tucumcari today too.

What I found interesting was that they would sell a CPO car along with the California EV sticker that allows access to Diamond lanes. It won't do anybody outside of CA any good. You'd think they'd detail the cars more before shipment.

3. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Member

I think detailing is left for the delivering store/service center. Especially when they're transported in an open truck....

4. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

Oh man, but I want Southwestern Bug Splatter on my new Tesla! ;)

5. Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon Member

I'm in New Mexico and got my new Model S 60D yesterday. Awesome car! Big Tesla grins yesterday :)
    No service center nearby, so the cars are factory detailed and delivered in a bag.

• Informative x 2
  6. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.28 c528869

It's possible it will be used as a loaner and isn't a CPO just yet. I had a loaner in Colorado with California EV stickers all over it.

7. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

I'm surprised that there aren't any protective coverings during transport... o_O