Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF Bay Area shelter in place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why no one built car factories in the Bay Area. The cost of prolonged shut down in Fremont is significantly higher than Michigan.
There used to be other assembly plants in the Bay area, but they are long gone. Unfortunately part of the reason is the high cost of doing business in CA. For example Ford had plants in Milpitas and Richmond.

Would think you will start to see assembly plants elsewhere start to shutdown, some because of parts shortages. Interesting that the UAW seems to have a lot of say in these decisions (assume it's in their contracts). although I assume governmental decisions override everything (but of course the manufacturers and UAW have plenty of political clout)

Six Bay Area counties including Alameda is going to shelter in place starting 12:00 am Tuesday, this may mean the Tesla factory in Fremont may have to shut down for a few weeks.

I am pissed at Musk. The Alameda plant should be shut down but Musk has convinced some idiots that the plant is a necessary and essential business? I want my Tesla Y as much as the next person but this is criminal behavior on the part of Tesla! Let’s be good humans and let Musk know we can all wait for our damn cars. If Dior cosmetics can convert to making hand sanitizer then Tesla can start making ventilators to help combat the pandemic!

Reactions: mgraff