Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shanghai and Berlin have nicer interiors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do TMY have nicer interior trims in all markets but the USA. I notice the wood trim on the doors everywhere but here in America. I can see the flat spot on the door panel where it wood go, looks like they use the same panel just no trim. Can you add this to the Model Y with after market or with parts from Shanghai or Berlin?

Reactions: TomServo
Why do TMY have nicer interior trims in all markets but the USA. I notice the wood trim on the doors everywhere but here in America. I can see the flat spot on the door panel where it wood go, looks like they use the same panel just no trim. Can you add this to the Model Y with after market or with parts from Shanghai or Berlin?
That's interesting wonder if they use the M3 parts because my Fremont M3 has wood trim. There are lots of aftermarket options though.

Upvote 0
I had one more question. The TMYP from Fremont, they do not paint the front door jams, so when you open the door you see galvanized metal. Is that also done in Shanghai and Berlin. Do they really save that much paint. I never had a vehicle that had exposed metal when you opened the door, never had a Tesla before.
Yes I see the trim on the doors of the M3 is that the same as the Shanghai MY? Do you think it would fit the MY? I don't know if its real wood or stimulated, but I like the look.

Upvote 0
I had one more question. The TMYP from Fremont, they do not paint the front door jams, so when you open the door you see galvanized metal. Is that also done in Shanghai and Berlin. Do they really save that much paint. I never had a vehicle that had exposed metal when you opened the door, never had a Tesla before.
Yes I see the trim on the doors of the M3 is that the same as the Shanghai MY? Do you think it would fit the MY? I don't know if its real wood or stimulated, but I like the look.
?? My Fremont built MYP delivered in March of 2022 has painted door jambs. I see no unpainted metal.

Reactions: BnGrm
Upvote 0
I have searched online and have seen pictures of MY Fremont that do not have paint on the front door jam on the fender side and they said that was normal, the picture shows galvanized metal when opening the door, both sides right and left are the same. The wood trim on the doors is not from Fremont, only Shanghai and Berlin.

Attachments

• 20220514_140748.jpg
    20220514_140748.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 20220514_140802.jpg
    20220514_140802.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0
That's so weird are you sure something isn't wrong and the wood and paint is just something wrong? All of the pictures I see of the Y have wood trim just like the 3. And exposed metal seems weird. Have any pictures?
I have not asked Tesla but have searched online to see pictures nonpainted front jams like mine and the poster said that was normal. The wood trim on the doors of the MY are from Shanghai and Berlin not from Fremont. I tried to insert image from the tool bar and it wants a http://
Yeah I'd like to see that myself. Any pictures of the dash?
All USA MY and MYP have no wood trim on the doors, and never have as far as I know, only the ones in other markets I was just wondering why that is. I don't know about the no paint on the jams have just seen pictures online just like mine.

Attachments

• 20220514_153504[1].jpg
    20220514_153504[1].jpg
    223 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
If yours is painted, could you please post picture like the one I posted so I could see the difference. when I searched online, I found pictures just like mine and the person that posted them said that was normal so Tesla could save paint.
Thanks
I would never have accepted that clear miss on the paint. The entire jamb area of my MYP has nice shiny blue paint, and there are no unpainted areas on either side of the jamb.

CEECA598-ABC5-4912-9465-DA0CB56E02FC.jpeg
527699A3-3C7A-4F69-AB59-D36E1B85FE36.jpeg

Upvote 0
I would never have accepted that clear miss on the paint. The entire jamb area of my MYP has nice shiny blue paint, and there are no unpainted areas on either side of the jamb.

View attachment 804354View attachment 804355
Thanks for the pictures. mine is painted on the inside half the outside when you open the door is not painted.
I have a service appointment 5/26 will add my concerns about the exposed metal in the door jams.

Upvote 0
This thread went a little sideways on the paint. I should have separated the two questions
Started out with a question about if I could add the wood trim on the doors of the MYP or MYLR Fremont, with parts from Shanghai or Berlin, or maybe even M3 parts from Fremont. Or some aftermarket add-on.

Upvote 0