Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sharing EV charger install costs - Bel Air Hong Kong Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Just received an insane quote of HKD80,000 to install the charger at my parking spot at Bel Air Phase 4 (Pok Fu Lam).
Apparently, it is possible to reduce the installation cost if several owners band up.
Anyone out there looking to install a charger at Car Park 1?

Cheers!

Please give me the name of contractor, I would not call that again.
What are the details of the quotation?
My parking space is at Metro City (Tseung Kwan O), the management company advice me that I am the first to ask!
I don't want to be the first!

Please give me the name of contractor, I would not call that again.
What are the details of the quotation?
My parking space is at Metro City (Tseung Kwan O), the management company advice me that I am the first to ask!
I don't want to be the first!

This is their strategy, I am pretty sure I am not the first to ask in my house....there are 3 Tesla here before I got mine....

Hi Taronga,
I got my charger installed in Bel-Air Phase II parking lot last year. Indeed, I partnered with 2 other owners and so some of the busbar/switch room infrastructure and insurance cost was shared. We all used Chong Chi and I do recommend them (Alex Au Yeung). I got quotations from 4 contractors and they were the lowest and also the most responsive and professional. Most of the cost depends on the length of the cable from your parking space to the switch room. My cable length was around 110 meters. I ended up paying about $50K including insurance (during installation) and stainless steel cabinet with lock. Please PM me for more info.
Cheers and good luck!

That is insane! I paid 25k all up - admittedly I am in an old building in PokFuLam and my car is parked near a wall which may have made it easier. Still 80k is outrageous. Bel Air management is notoriously strange. I heard they voted against having a convenience store at their complex as it "downgrades the prestige of the complex"!!!!!! You have what, 12 towers or more in total with over 40 floors each with at least 4 apartments per floor and you cannot justify a small convenience store?! - I think people would use that 10x more than the sauna! Sorry to say, but frankly they are idiots and I think the contractor may not be at fault but the management has made it unnecessarily onerous and difficult for them.

Bel-Air rants aside, I think there must be at least 20+ teslas in Bel-Air. Not sure how many of them look at this forum. Best to try and promote it locally. Best thing would be to have 5 adjacent spots you share with 20 owners. Just a question of getting it done. Best of luck.