Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Ship to Oahu for repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on Maui of a new Model 3 in June 2019. The AC is not working and Tesla informs me that it will be necessary to ship the vehicle from Maui to Oahu to make the necessary repairs. Has anyone experienced a similar need to ship their Tesla from another island to Oahu for repairs? Any suggestions on how to make the process as painless as possible would be much appreciated. Mahalo.

I took delivery on Maui of a new Model 3 in June 2019. The AC is not working and Tesla informs me that it will be necessary to ship the vehicle from Maui to Oahu to make the necessary repairs. Has anyone experienced a similar need to ship their Tesla from another island to Oahu for repairs? Any suggestions on how to make the process as painless as possible would be much appreciated. Mahalo.
Interested in knowing how this turned out for you. We just ordered ours and take possession on O'ahu 12/23. A bit worried about this type of situation. Thanks for sharing any updates!

I also am from Maui, and waiting for delivery. Did you get it sorted out here on Maui or did you have to actually ship the vehicle to Honolulu ?

Aloha from the BI,
I have paint issues and they tell me they have to ship to Oahu.
So now, not only dealing with a very sub-quality paint job on my wonderfully engineered auto... but have to wait to get it shipped to Oahu.
Every time I wash/wax my baby... the defects make me sick!
*** This is not a good situation for outer island Tesla owners.