Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shipper Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had outstanding service, drivers, tracking, and timely deliveries with Masney Auto Transport. I’ve used them 5 times now. Individually owned company with enclosed transport - NOT a broker that uses sketchy drivers.

Their typical transit time between Dallas and San Francisco was 2-3 days, for which I was VERY impressed. I’d expect CA to PA to be something around 5-7 days.

My CPO was delivered by Plycar, (Tesla's choice back then). Excellent service.

I used Plycar and they were absolutely amazing. Covered and fully enclosed from California to New York, was about $2300. Very transparent and prompt communication. They were originally used by Tesla in the early days so very familiar with the Roadster.

I used Plycar as well, recommended by Tesla, treated a bit like a CPO ahead of the program. Enclosed transport, good communication. Chicago --> NJ ~$1325 / 3 days in early 2012.

@smicker, congrats and good luck!

1020 is on its way with Plycar (super easy by the way) to long term storage :(

Do I need to register the car in PA (and get PA plates?) or can I keep it registered in CA as planned non-operational?

Glad to hear Plycar worked out for you! I just dealt with them a few days ago myself, and they responded to my quote at 8PM on a Friday.

You shouldn't have any issues keeping CA registration with it in storage, since it will not be on the roads. However, once the CA registration expires, you have a choice of renewing in CA or changing reg. to PA.

Waiting 10 days for Plycar delivery (day ahead of schedule) and about 40 days since I bought my car and got to drive it 1 hour before handing it over to Carl for mods/love. Wait is killing me but they will be here in 3 hours. Can't wait! Plycar has been amazing. No complaints at all so far. I love my wallet but they have taken great care of me and are earning their keep.

• Love
Reactions: drewski