TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Shipper Recommendation

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by smicker, Dec 20, 2019.

1. smicker

smicker Roadster 1020

I need to ship a Roadster and Model 3 from California to Pennsylvania--any recommendations for a cross-country carrier? In general how long does delivery take?

--Paul

2. Brentt

Brentt Member

I used Pilot Transport getting my Roadster from Ohio to Oklahoma .
    The reason I chose Pilot is because they are familiar with Tesla.
    My car was about ten days, but a lot depends on when they are going to be in your area.

• Like x 1
  3. Roadster

Roadster JdeMO Powered

#3 Roadster, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Like x 1
  4. sethr

sethr CPO Roadster #1089

My CPO was delivered by Plycar, (Tesla's choice back then). Excellent service.

• Like x 1
  5. smicker

smicker Roadster 1020

Thanks all for the suggestions!

6. DeedWest

DeedWest 2008 VP & 2011 2.5 Sport

I’ve had outstanding service, drivers, tracking, and timely deliveries with Masney Auto Transport. I’ve used them 5 times now. Individually owned company with enclosed transport - NOT a broker that uses sketchy drivers.

Their typical transit time between Dallas and San Francisco was 2-3 days, for which I was VERY impressed. I’d expect CA to PA to be something around 5-7 days.

7. backmost

backmost Member

I used Plycar and they were absolutely amazing. Covered and fully enclosed from California to New York, was about $2300. Very transparent and prompt communication. They were originally used by Tesla in the early days so very familiar with the Roadster.

• Like x 1
  8. backmost

backmost Member

It took about 10 days for my car to reach NY.

9. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25, Model 3 #36xx

I used Plycar as well, recommended by Tesla, treated a bit like a CPO ahead of the program. Enclosed transport, good communication. Chicago --> NJ ~$1325 / 3 days in early 2012.

@smicker, congrats and good luck!

10. Matteni

Matteni Member

This thread is PERFECT right now for me as I look for enclosed xport over 2200 miles. Many thanks to all these suggestions. Quote requests sent!

• Love x 1
  11. smicker

smicker Roadster 1020

1020 is on its way with Plycar (super easy by the way) to long term storage :(

Do I need to register the car in PA (and get PA plates?) or can I keep it registered in CA as planned non-operational?

12. DeedWest

DeedWest 2008 VP & 2011 2.5 Sport

Glad to hear Plycar worked out for you! I just dealt with them a few days ago myself, and they responded to my quote at 8PM on a Friday.

You shouldn't have any issues keeping CA registration with it in storage, since it will not be on the roads. However, once the CA registration expires, you have a choice of renewing in CA or changing reg. to PA.

13. smicker

smicker Roadster 1020

Thanks T! PNO is only $22 in CA (and is due March 8) so probably easiest to just keep that.

• Like x 1
  14. smicker

smicker Roadster 1020

Let me start a new thread on this in the general section.

15. Matteni

Matteni Member

My car is currently shipping cross-country right now with Plycar. Carl posted videos of it getting loaded on Facebook and they came highly recommended. So far the communication and service has been excellent.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. smicker

smicker Roadster 1020

I think we had the same driver--he mentioned a Tesla getting picked up from Carl in Seattle and sent to Missouri

• Like x 1
  17. Bunnak

Bunnak Member

Avoid MONTWAY! My Roadster was stolen and they essentially said go after the trucker...we're just the middle man. Well Trucking Company that Montway hired didn't have enough insurance...AND the driver wasn't listed as an authorized driver.

18. yoshi10

yoshi10 Member

I need to move a model 3 from NY to WA and I have received a quote for 2650 from Plycon. Any other option?

19. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

Sounds like a road trip to me

• Love x 1
  20. Matteni

Matteni Member

Waiting 10 days for Plycar delivery (day ahead of schedule) and about 40 days since I bought my car and got to drive it 1 hour before handing it over to Carl for mods/love. Wait is killing me but they will be here in 3 hours. Can't wait! Plycar has been amazing. No complaints at all so far. I love my wallet but they have taken great care of me and are earning their keep.

• Love x 1