Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my chart for TSLA.

It's really difficult to say where TSLA will be going from here as it's stuck in the downtrend. The opening rally wore off very quickly this morning and closed just below a level of resistance. On the bright side, it managed to finish above the 50-day MA. It's too bad that the trifecta of good news today wasn't enough to spark that reversal in trend that we need on top of every indicator of at least a relief rally.

Just based on trends, I think if TSLA manages to stay above 211 through the middle of next week and finishes above 215 mid-April, we'll actually be out of this downtrend and we'd start seeing a rise back above 220 from there. Of course, more good news will instantly boost the price and we'd be back above 220 in no time.

hFmmkihK.png

bIztuYyo.png

It's a Friday so it's hard to expect a big move even with good news. I think it's going to take the weekend for things to settle in and hopefully we'll have a great week next week. What's important for me is that sentiment is turning positive again. NHTSA clearance, Tesla blog post about under armor, states making an exception for Tesla to sell, possible positive coverage from 60 minutes, etc. All great coverage.

Also, a 2+% move shouldn't be overlooked. I'll take it any day. Especially since we've been on a slow and steady slide down for a while now.

I like the subtle jab of using an alternator for the demonstration. They should try a muffler, catalytic converter, radiator, and a gas tank too!

And a John Petersen bobble head doll :biggrin:

This is interesting though:

A low-hanging transverse member and an additional underbody plate would be mounted forward of the HVB case and a third plate would overlap the leading edge of the case.

Battery swap killer?

It's a Friday so it's hard to expect a big move even with good news.

The news was not all good today. A few hours after the good news, my broker sent me this Reuters story:
Access to Tesla cars only a password away, researcher says

The first version of the story had no response from Tesla at all (the usual fair and balanced treatment by Reuters). I suspect the market reacted to the headline, as usual, without stopping to think if any substance was beneath it.

I am pretty pissed today. Everywhere I look I see landmark deals struck with the government. Landmark amount of government overreach. Yet, with the equivalent of a call to full on employment for lawyers due to a sudden increase in big government and regulation, we are seeing layoffs in the law sector left and right.

USA is like a creative kid whose parents have a rules to follow for how to do everything. It's great... for creating a robot.

Also, I get the feeling that. nhtsa clearance was used as a bargaining chip to force TSLA to agree to a settlement on the dealership issue. The timing explains it. However, I see the advantage as TSLA's as it is a public opinion fight. Once the population is more familiar with the new norm, it will be revised. So everything still hinges on Model E to educate the public.

Last edited:
The news was not all good today. A few hours after the good news, my broker sent me this Reuters story:
Access to Tesla cars only a password away, researcher says

The first version of the story had no response from Tesla at all (the usual fair and balanced treatment by Reuters). I suspect the market reacted to the headline, as usual, without stopping to think if any substance was beneath it.

6 character password code? Mine is definitely longer than that.

The videos are a nice touch to help visualize.

I can't seem to find mention of this post on the official Tesla website blog or IR page though.

Edit: Nevermind it's on @TeslaMotors twitter feed

Off topic: maybe the "will it blend" guy inspires some Tesla owner with time and money to spare to have a video series running over odd & dangerous objects entitled "will it crush"

I quote the BEAR-on's closing paragraph:

Yet LG and Samsung have had losses or razor-thin profits at their underutilized factories; a $5 billion investment in a Gigafactory could yield similarly lousy returns unless Musk sells 500,000 cars annually. "What happens if the market is only a half or a quarter the size he thinks it is?" says Anderman. "Then he has a big factory running at only half or a quarter utilization, and his costs are not better than they are today."

What happens if the market is double the size he thinks it is??

If Model E can be made and sold at a profit margin that Elon is shooting for, then why wouldn't demand be 500k, or even 1 million units?

Where I live, Leafs are popping up left and right, and the ME would be 4 times the car that a Leaf is.

Imagine the timeframe when ME is rolling out. Superchargers fully rolled out! We are talking free fuel on top of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.