Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is tonights Bill O'Reilly's Tesla segment The OReilly | Fox News

Unbelievable. O'Reilly came to the dark side!

The whole thing is very hard to watch, because of the other guy's blabbering about the government loan to Tesla and the whole driving-on-coal nonsense, but it's quite astonishing how O'Reilly keeps clobbering him, with his usual condescending tone. I expect more WSJ editorials, this time attacking O'Reilly.

Interesting times, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Unbelievable. O'Reilly came to the dark side!

The idiot arguing with him just doesn't get it, and probably never will.
Did you catch the last comment "fracking is the solution"... Wrong, it's already been shown most are losing money on shale oil/fracking, it's more expensive than any other extraction method. The point this "genius" misses is, electricity production will get cleaner over time, therefore electric cars get cleaner over time. Each ICE car manufactured never gets cleaner without being replaced..

The idiot arguing with him just doesn't get it, and probably never will.

Yes, that guy's ineptitude made it very hard to watch. But O'Reilly made it all worthy with his supremely confident, self-content demeanor directed, for once, against the very core of stupid from his own ranks.

O'Reilly had provided evidence of being sentient in the past, especially when duking it out with his friend Jon Stewart on the Daily Show, but I gotta say, I didn't see this one coming.

Speculation triggered by April Fool's news on Fool Cells:
I wonder if this was the actual case if it would be a net positive or negative for TSLA in the short term
Honda, Toyota to abandon hydrogen fuel cell plans - Torque News

Oh my. Is this true? I have been giggling with glee that Honda and Toyota are both completely clueless. If this article is real, it seems they just clued in.

Long-term, this could go either way. Competition is not necessarily bad if it causes more research and a better ecosystem for producing batteries and drivetrains. But obviously it will limit the market share that Tesla can ever have. I think Honda and Toyota are the real competitors down the road - the American auto industry has had its head in the sand for so long that it doesn't stand a chance. But on the whole, the Japanese know what they're doing.

Then again, the tone of the story seems very April Fools-y. What stuff does Torquenews normally post?

Oh my. Is this true? I have been giggling with glee that Honda and Toyota are both completely clueless. If this article is real, it seems they just clued in.

Long-term, this could go either way. Competition is not necessarily bad if it causes more research and a better ecosystem for producing batteries and drivetrains. But obviously it will limit the market share that Tesla can ever have. I think Honda and Toyota are the real competitors down the road - the American auto industry has had its head in the sand for so long that it doesn't stand a chance. But on the whole, the Japanese know what they're doing.

Then again, the tone of the story seems very April Fools-y. What stuff does Torquenews normally post?

At the bottom of the article, it now says "Who are we kidding... Happy April Fools Day, everyone!"

I think the market is a bit surprised with the demand in Norway. If a country with 5 million people can handle 10% of the cars, there is no demand issue in Europe. The reason there are so many Norwegian investors here is because we know that Tesla will be the number 1 brand here for a very long time due to the incentives we have.

Old cars are still sold at a much higher price than new ones due to the waiting list. One can only imagine how big the real demand is.

No mention if these changes would include Tesla. I thought the most recent decisions excluded Tesla from these types of subsidies.

The most populous country on the planet in the second largest economy making successively more meaningful commitments to electric transportation (and solar power, incidentally) is a good thing for Tesla Motors investors.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the market is a bit surprised with the demand in Norway. If a country with 5 million people can handle 10% of the cars, there is no demand issue in Europe. The reason there are so many Norwegian investors here is because we know that Tesla will be the number 1 brand here for a very long time due to the incentives we have.

Old cars are still sold at a much higher price than new ones due to the waiting list. One can only imagine how big the real demand is.

When the market stops being surprised by Tesla demand, all our money will have been made. :)

I wish I had listened to my Monday self better and bought some more aggressive calls at $208, but looking good regardless.

The most populous country on the planet in the second largest economy making successively more meaningful commitments to electric transportation (and solar power, incidentally) is a good thing for Tesla Motors investors.

- - - Updated - - -

When the market stops being surprised by Tesla demand, all our money will have been made. :)

I don't doubt that. I am just wondering (and hoping that they will) whether these would specifically include Tesla since the last word from China was that they wouldn't.

Central (Federal) government already said NO. But it's still open to local (state, city) government. With model S is production constrained and the buyer pool is not so sensitive to price in China. I don't think subsidy is a major issue at this point. Instead it's more meaningful 3 years later when model E coming up, I hope at that time tesla will slate its 2nd mega factory and giga battery factory plan to build somewhere in China. Then all the tax incentive and subsidy can be counted on. Remember Mercedes, BMW and AUDI alone sold more than 1 millioin luxury cars in China in 2013, model E will be strong competitor in luxury (not super luxury) car market. If aided by government, I have no doubt model E can achieve 500K/year earsily after 2020.

I don't doubt that. I am just wondering (and hoping that they will) whether these would specifically include Tesla since the last word from China was that they wouldn't.

Wow, still really quiet here for a great day like today (and yesterday). So I'll still be holding my 230 weeklies until they're in the money :)

I really think things are just getting started. We had a nice, healthy, and painful pull back and consolidation. Shorts got greedy and wanted to squeeze out a couple more bucks and get us from $205 to under $200 but that didn't work out. And now momentum and everything has shifted to favor the longs. Positive news like NHTSA, Norway sales, etc is coming out. I actually won't be surprised if really good news comes out of China in the next couple of weeks. Market is picking up again. Don't want to get ahead of myself but I won't be surprised if we hit the 240's and 260's in the next week or two.

Things are really looking positive IMO. Good luck.

Not quite sure if this is on topic with short-term price movements or but it might be impactful from a stock price perspective over a longer time frame...

Any one want to speculate about why the General Manager of Tesla in China decided to leave? I'll speculate that it might be related to inability of Tesla to be included in the electric vehicle classification in China that would open it up to a number of financial benefits and to the exemption from traffic controls (Some please correct me if I'm wrong that the Model S currently doesn't fall under the right classification in China to get some significant benefits for electric or clean vehicles). If so, then it demonstrates that Elon and the management team are acutely aware of the importance of China and are doing what they need to do so success is achieved in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.