Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Above is the chart I posted last night and filled in where I thought today's price action would be today. Below, is a daily chart of today's price action.

I'm starting to doubt TSLA finishing above 180 today. I think the 200-day MA will be broken tomorrow and it will be a runaway train to 160 and lower.

View attachment 48883

- - - Updated - - -

TSLA just broke 180 and hit a new intraday low of 179.75. Pathetic.

I'm a buyer in the 170's

Above is the chart I posted last night and filled in where I thought today's price action would be today. Below, is a daily chart of today's price action.

I'm starting to doubt TSLA finishing above 180 today. I think the 200-day MA will be broken tomorrow and it will be a runaway train to 160 and lower.

View attachment 48883

- - - Updated - - -

TSLA just broke 180 and hit a new intraday low of 179.75. Pathetic.

again the history is repeating. Tesla stock is making another exaggerating downward move. This shows how much expectations are set into the stock and were already baked into the price. My next buying step will be @170$

To hell with it. I'm a long. Didn't sell at the ATH. Bought some at $215. I just bought a good chunk more at $180. Buffet says to buy when everyone's scared. Now seems like that time. I may be down some in the short term, but I can't imagine being down in the longer term!

Time to reach into your stash of cojones, ladies and gentlemen :). I've never lost a dollar in the market, and I don't plan on starting now!

By the way things are going, TSLA might just break the 200-day MA today.

I'm going to stay a "strong long" because I love losing my profits. :rolleyes:

i think the street somehow can not reflect the investors real expectation into the stock everytime before ER. Either way whether we have a fantastic ER or like a normal ER, the market reaction of TSLA stock is very strange. Like this time. Estimates beaten, stock down. I dont understand how shortsighted some investors are to sell in such a rosy situation for tesla. Tesla proved in many cases in the past (the synthetic fire bashing story, the early repay of the gov.loan, successfully meeting all the important milestones, etc..) that it has a very talented management lead by Elon Musk. But still, some people are extremly fearful, that Tesla wont succeed.

I think the only negative side of Tesla stock is, when the stock falls, then it falls more than it needs to

i think the street somehow can not reflect the investors real expectation into the stock everytime before ER. Either way whether we have a fantastic ER or like a normal ER, the market reaction of TSLA stock is very strange. Like this time. Estimates beaten, stock down. I dont understand how shortsighted some investors are to sell in such a rosy situation for tesla. Tesla proved in many cases in the past (the synthetic fire bashing story, the early repay of the gov.loan, successfully meeting all the important milestones, etc..) that it has a very talented management lead by Elon Musk. But still, some people are extremly fearful, that Tesla wont succeed.

I think the only negative side of Tesla stock is, when the stock falls, then it falls more than it needs to

TSLA has priced in "beats", new ideas, "reckless growth", and perfect execution for the next 2-3 years. It's simply too much.

It is! This is just one day. The market is full of stupid automated bots. Brains will prevail in the end.

No people are just worried. Its better to exercise some caution and NOT CATCH A FALLING KNIFE. Give it a few days, watch for bounces, and buy when you KNOW its not going to go down more. Not when you hope, think, or believe.

So what, you don't catch the exact bottom and get that extra 2-3% return. Is that 2-3% worth losing another 5%-6% if you don't catch the bottom?

It took at least 3 days for Q3's drop, which happened for the same reasons this one did, NONE, to bottom out, and even then it continued to drop.

So chill out. Buy some puts with play money and wait.

Last edited:
No people are just worried. Its better to exercise some caution and NOT CATCH A FALLING KNIFE. Give it a few days, watch for bounces, and buy when you KNOW its not going to go down more.

At this moment, any shares bought during the q3 downturn are still green. Even if that knife was caught at the beginning of the fall.

The other side of "don't catch a falling knife" is "when everyone is panicking, just sell everything and only buy when the stock is high!" This is obviously not the right thing to do either. Someone has to catch the knife, otherwise it will keep falling forever. So buy when you are comfortable with it and when you can live with the results, whatever they may be.

No people are just worried. Its better to exercise some caution and NOT CATCH A FALLING KNIFE. Give it a few days, watch for bounces, and buy when you KNOW its not going to go down more. Not when you hope, think, or believe.

So what, you don't catch the exact bottom and get that extra 2-3% return. Is that 2-3% worth losing another 5%-6% if you don't catch the bottom?

I agree in general...but I think the knife is close to hitting the ground.

I disagree if you believe the long term price will very likely be higher, as is the case here.

On the fire-related saga downwards from $190 I got in a piece around $130... sure it hurt a bit when it kept going below $120, but in hindsight I'm not fussed about not calling the exact short term low there.

I disagree if you believe the long term price will very likely be higher, as is the case here.

On the fire-related saga downwards from $190 I got in a piece around $130... sure it hurt a bit when it kept going below $120, but in hindsight I'm not fussed about not calling the exact short term low there.

Or you could have just waited for it to raise from 120 to 130 and not given yourself the stress.

And here it is, the bad press to kick the stock when its down. It happened the exact same way with Q3 and the fires. ANY AND ALL lies, slander and misdirection are going to be spun out next week to keep this going.

Status
Not open for further replies.