Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a very fun earnings call for sure. Fuel Cell bashing and people asking questions and then getting answers they didn't expect making them stunned. I enjoyed listening to it! :)

I did love the comment about how the R&D has things that have not been disclosed that they are keeping secret. I assume one of those is starting the work right now on the Model III, but what else could they be working on? HMMMMMM??? This is like the build up for Christmas day, all these presents and you don't know what is inside, and we die of anticipation as they wait to tell us until just the right moment!

why is he not giving specific numbers on china sales & reservations?

He gave more than enough when he said that their sales per sq ft is more than Apple's in China... And Tesla is selling a 100k car... What more do you want? The demand issue doesn't matter and they specifically DONT want to drive demand to be too crazy because they will just piss more chinese off in that they have to wait even longer for a car (more wrenches through the windshield anyone?)

Demand is not an issue. Releasing real numbers would just make people focus on "they only had 2,000 reservations this week, what gives! It was 3k last week!!!" Meanwhile they are still running at 800-1000 output a week. 2,000, 3,000, 100,000 it doesn't matter because it is not as much as it could be if they really tried... which they are intentionally NOT doing because it would just be bad business.

- - - Updated - - -

The assistant driving package IMO.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... but people also know they are spending on that too... so could there be something else? Granted that wasn't listed in the call or in the letter, but everyone knows they are spending money on that... and they have already said end of 2015 demo of onramp to onramp hands free.

I like what Elon said about stores. This has always been my argument. We'll know that they are worried about demand the day they start expanding the number of stores again.

Or at the very least comfortable with the current volume that they can work to increase it further. Worry makes it seem like demand would be falling vs them just finally expanding to the point where they have caught up to the current level.

I think country expansion will drive most of that for now. Korea, Japan and Australia still to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.