Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Substantial gain of 6.67 on fairly average volume today. I didn't see any big news. Are we in something of a slow squeeze?

Maybe it was word that the Cheyenne, WY Supercharger went live, arguably the Golden Spike of the nationwide charging network. At some point there is going to be a "holly sh#t" moment for the masses, when the full magnitude of Tesla's Free For Life, soon to be solar, Super Charging network is truly comprehended, it may come steadily, as of late or who knows, the "Golden Spike" for TSLA may come all at once when some critical threshold is reached. The real tsunami of hurt for shorts may still lay ahead!

Shorts may wish to scroll down a bit on this page before going any further out on their financial limb:
http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Last edited:
Maybe it was word that the Cheyenne, WY Supercharger went live, arguably the Golden Spike of the nationwide charging network. At some point there is going to be a "holly sh#t" moment for the masses, when the full magnitude of Tesla's Free For Life, soon to be solar, Super Charging network is truly comprehended, it may come steadily, as of late or who knows, the "Golden Spike" for TSLA may come all at once when some critical threshold is reached. The real tsunami of hurt for shorts may still lay ahead!

Shorts may wish to scroll down a bit on this page before going any further out on their financial limb:
http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger
I believe you have right idea but they need to plug 1or two spots to allow 60kw cars to do it. One I can think about is between penn and Ohio.

AH climb. Over 177. Tesla news release about Europe Superchargers?

I wonder if that release was another poke to taunt the shorts? It said nothing new, except that there would be news this week. Mentions only already existing chargers.

Funny, nobody seems to have noticed any activity at all building those new chargers, or did I just miss that? Of course there are many more Tesla scouts in US than Germany, for example.

Well, I'll definitely not sell TSLA this week either!

--------------

Chickenlittle, you mean this one perhaps?
Cranberry, PA 1308 Freedom Rd Cranberry PA 16066 USA 40.683982,-80.10839 Construction

Last edited:
Cranberry Twp PA and Haggerstown MD both need to be active first. I think there was another hole in Ohio as well.

Cranberry Twp just broke ground and Hagerstown is waiting on a transformer from what I have read here.
The big hole is in western AZ; you can't drive from Barstow CA to Flagstaff AZ. Both the Kingman AZ and Las Vegas NV SCs are days away from opening.

Any bets on when/if TSLA will finally give the finger to the shorts? Short interest is right back to where it was in March :biggrin:
Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 6.01.37 PM.png

Does anyone think a detailed plan of the Giga Battery Factory could initiate major movement in TSLA stock?

I think Elon could cause a "giga-tsunami" if the announcement of the Battery Factory includes a location, high level plan for building & equipment, is non-diluting to TSLA shareholders, and is structured in a way that will not impact Tesla's margins. If this happens then there will be a really honest path for Gen3 and not just hyperbole. And at this point, who can really doubt their execution and demand? To the moon with TSLA from here...

PS -yes I said Giga-Tsunami

Does anyone think a detailed plan of the Giga Battery Factory could initiate major movement in TSLA stock?

I think Elon could cause a "giga-tsunami" if the announcement of the Battery Factory includes a location, high level plan for building & equipment, is non-diluting to TSLA shareholders, and is structured in a way that will not impact Tesla's margins. If this happens then there will be a really honest path for Gen3 and not just hyperbole. And at this point, who can really doubt their execution and demand? To the moon with TSLA from here...

PS -yes I said Giga-Tsunami

Maybe I am over optimistic. But it seems the giga-factory announcement will be the most important announcement in Tesla history. What could be bigger? If this is financed and ready to start construction... well I hesitate to guess.. the moon sounds about right.

I've been thinking of late the gigafactory announcement during Q4 ER could be really big news. It seemed like Elon was excited about it during his last interview and it appears they're trying to nail down a state/location to do it in. I'd guess that Elon announces names of partners and their roles, a tentative general location (ie., state), and a rough timeline of when things get started. To tricky part is the financing. If Tesla can do it in a non-dilutive way (I'm not sure how though), then yes this will be really big for shareholders and TSLA.

Yes, it's a major step towards mass production of Model E
+1. The stock already has some Model E baked in, but if the giga-factory makes that reality look that much more likely then I'd think the stock would bake in that increased likelihood. And if the announcement makes it look like the other manufacturers are even farther behind, then even more impact on the stock.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but there are a huge number of folks questioning if Tesla can scale up for the Model E. A concrete plan for the giga-factory would answer some of that.

Maybe I am over optimistic. But it seems the giga-factory announcement will be the most important announcement in Tesla history. What could be bigger? If this is financed and ready to start construction... well I hesitate to guess.. the moon sounds about right.

Gen3 reveal will likely be more significant than the giga-factory. But gigafactory is intriguing and significant nevertheless. One question is how they will be rolling it out. I'd imagine them rolling it out in stages and over a few years.

I've been thinking of late the gigafactory announcement during Q4 ER could be really big news. It seemed like Elon was excited about it during his last interview and it appears they're trying to nail down a state/location to do it in. I'd guess that Elon announces names of partners and their roles, a tentative general location (ie., state), and a rough timeline of when things get started. To tricky part is the financing. If Tesla can do it in a non-dilutive way (I'm not sure how though), then yes this will be really big for shareholders and TSLA.

The Giga factory announcement would be welcome and is necessary for TM/Elon to fully launch the model E into large production. However, I do worry (as an investor) that there may be a significant dilution. Elon did a great job of essentially using the first Tsumani of hurt to pay off the government loan and put some cash in the bank. I hope he can pull it off again..but I am not as optimistic as some that it will shoot the price of TSLA to the moon. Truly hope I am wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

The last short interest published numbers I have seen were Dec 31st. Anyone have access/know what the short interest is now? Thanks

Gen3 reveal will likely be more significant than the giga-factory. But gigafactory is intriguing and significant nevertheless. One question is how they will be rolling it out. I'd imagine them rolling it out in stages and over a few years.

Agreed. The NAIAS Press preview in 2015 is Jan 12-13. Placing some money now in anticipation of another great day.

Last edited:
Agreed. The NAIAS Press preview in 2015 is Jan 12-13. Placing some money now in anticipation of another great day.

Yeah I was looking at the NAIAS press preview dates and it falls just a few days before expiration of Jan15 LEAPs (exp date 1/16/15). I'm a bit concerned that people will be very disappointed if Tesla does not reveal Model E at NAIAS 2015. But I'm hopeful that they can because it will likely be their "design prototype" and this is what Tesla's design team is probably starting to work on right now since Model X design is likely pretty much wrapped up by now.

For me the secondary is the big question. If I knew they would not do one I would be all in with everything but our solar holdings.

Exactly. I have been fortunate to have guessed right (with much help from people on this forum) several times when it comes to investing in TSLA. I have mixed feelings (as an investment..not as a believer in TM) about the situation we are in now. Very big run up post NAIAS. While it is always nice to see the stock continue to climb I would welcome some consolidation before the Q4ER. It would give me more confidence that TSLA will 'pop' up after the ER.

Thinking about it a bit I wouldn't be too surprised at a secondary. TSLA was at $138 and they announce 6900 deliveries and we're now above $175. Elon is asked about stock price and says he thinks it's about right given the overall market condition. He wouldn't say the market is being generous at this valuation then go ahead and do a secondary. So things seem to be in a good position for them to announce a secondary. Total speculation on my part obviously.

But this also may not be needed depending on the extent of the partnerships they're forming for the giga-factory.

For me the secondary is the big question. If I knew they would not do one I would be all in with everything but our solar holdings.
Look at prior experience
1. Musk very aware of dilution issue as witness the way it was done last time
2. I believe he would be driving price higher with more announcements etc. to get better priced offering
3. Why multiple partners would need Panasonic for tech perhaps others financing?
4. Money could be accessed over the years to do, not immediate. As they have mentioned watching cash flow and dedicated to growing with profits

Status
Not open for further replies.