Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robot grease, there must be something wrong with your chart. Yesterday the stock price closed at 170.97, and yet your stock chart clearly shows it below the 170 line at close. My charts from fidelity and from sharpchart both show a close over 170, yours does not. In fact your chart shows that it didn't even hit 170 yesterday. Why do you think there's a difference?
sc.png

Robot grease, there must be something wrong with your chart. Yesterday the stock price closed at 170.97, and yet your stock chart clearly shows it below the 170 line at close. My charts from fidelity and from sharpchart both show a close over 170, yours does not. In fact your chart shows that it didn't even hit 170 yesterday. Why do you think there's a difference?

Yeah, I noticed that myself. It seems to be a glitch in TradingView, but only for that day. I have refreshed the chart a few times, but it wont correct.

Last edited:
Well, we're off to a nice start!

(unless you are shorting the stock)

Yep. 180 gap probably closing today.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, we're off to a nice start!

(unless you are shorting the stock)

Yep. 180 gap probably closing today. If you bought for the gap closing event that I recommended. You should probably log in and get ready today.

Yep. 180 gap probably closing today.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. 180 gap probably closing today. If you bought for the gap closing event that I recommended. You should probably log in and get ready today.
Don't believe the gap up or down arguments. I believe what your saying is it could go up or down after the "gap up" or down, depending on news. Seems you'll be correct unless of course it stays the same only possibility you didn't cover

I still don't understand the "gap" talk. I have asked this many times before and nobody has ever answered my question:

"What EXACTLY is the gap fill theory?"

I see talk of some $180 gap to fill, but I don't see any gap requiring $180. All of the gaps from back in November have already been filled, there is no $180 needed with the way I am looking at things.

With the "gap fill theory" are you looking at opening, close, intraday high, low, or what other prices?

I still don't understand the "gap" talk. I have asked this many times before and nobody has ever answered my question:

"What EXACTLY is the gap fill theory?"

I see talk of some $180 gap to fill, but I don't see any gap requiring $180. All of the gaps from back in November have already been filled, there is no $180 needed with the way I am looking at things.

With the "gap fill theory" are you looking at opening, close, intraday high, low, or what other prices?

Agreed. In my book a true gap is a skipped price interval where a stock has never been traded. Closed at one price one day, opens at another the next day.

I am saying it'll consolidate or go back down once reached. I did not say it will go either way. This is not one of those vague comments. If. you read My guesses I am very clear on the direction. I even committed sin one day by setting a price and date prediction once. So please don't insult me on that front.

Of course it is a short term TA prediction as a gap presents resistance and has nothing to do with price direction past the one week when the gap is reached. People who plays gap uses spreads, and at this point they might as well close the spread since it can't go up anymore. I do not know how much clearer the instruction should be. To show that I am not using the analyst double speak of: it might go up and down.

In any case, I'll explain the gap theory later. Gotta watch the daily price.

Status
Not open for further replies.