Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple chart, blue is the trend line that was broken. I expect the 200 day won't hold combined with Q3 miss to start nibbling around $180.
Your "Q3 miss" is clearly speculative; OTOH, I don't expect Tesla to beat guidance given the factory issues. Still, I think all the movement Tuesday and Wednesday is market fears, hitting momo stocks, and people looking to short stocks that should do worse with lower oil prices.

I do wonder when Tesla P85D reviews start to roll in, especially from well established automotive journalists. If Tesla is providing cars for them to examine right after the announcement, then we could start to get reviews before Q3 earnings. Does anyone has any insight into this?

BTW if you don't do it already y'all should read the Model S ordering, production, delivery thread. It is a lot easier to hold on through any short-term downward movements when you know how big the P85D sales are.
There's a reason I bought calls this week for Mar'15 and Jan'16, rather than closer in. I think we've got a lot of turbulence between now and the Q4 ER, but we'll get back past the ATH by March. "Please return to your seats and fasten your seat belts."

There's a reason I bought calls this week for Mar'15 and Jan'16, rather than closer in. I think we've got a lot of turbulence between now and the Q4 ER, but we'll get back past the ATH by March. "Please return to your seats and fasten your seat belts."

Agreed. Macroeconomic events and just meet/just miss Q3 will put continued downward pressure on the stock. Good reviews about the P95M may be offset by possible delay in the X reveal that some are speculating up thread. Many people may make some significant money in this time of volitility but I am not smart enough (lucky enough?) to be able to call these swings with great precision. I may nibble in/out a little but mostly sitting on the sidelines at this time.

Did I miss another new model reveal? :wink:
Yes you did. I have the first one 0-60 2.5 seconds; 110 KW battery pack with 400 mile range. I got the tech package that includes the wings and amphibious modes. I hear now there is a new thread about how everyone wants a refund on their orders on the 'old' P85D or at the very least, the retrofit. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.