Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah? What is keeping people from selling off on profits? (Disclaimer: Knows nothing about stocks)

Because this news is unexpected. So there's no "buy the rumor, sell the news" effect. However, there is somewhat of a "buy the rumor" for NHTSA and I believe the general sentiment for Q4 is that we still don't know where it is headed. Most of the mainstream have reported false bad delivery numbers and have not updated to the new one.

Interesting piece. "Hota said that Tesla has moved extra orders up to this month from March, thereby increasing its orders with the parts maker to 4,000 per month, following better-than-expected sales of Tesla's electric cars in the fourth quarter last year."

If you assume one part/car, 4k/month makes for a pretty healthy annual rate.... well above any current expectation. Elon has spoken of 800/week by end of this year. The 4k suggests production might be moving ahead of that a lot earlier. But dangerous to read too much into one supplier's statement.

Good dig, jkliu47!

This might be the Q1 ramp-up that Elon mentioned back during previous QA in Munich. I was expecting this to come up during Elon's latest European tour, but I guess there was enough good news there...

If true, this ramp-up to 1000 cars/week is significant indeed. See post linked below for more details.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...on-Jan-30-2014?p=565637&viewfull=1#post565637

Good dig, jkliu47!

This might be the Q1 ramp-up that Elon mentioned back during previous QA in Munich. I was expecting this to come up during Elon's latest European tour, but I guess there was enough good news there...

If true, this ramp-up to 1000 cars/week is significant indeed. See post linked below for more details.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...on-Jan-30-2014?p=565637&viewfull=1#post565637

Lets not get ahead of ourselves again. I don't know what it is about pre earnings and ridiculous numbers, but last time we were greeted by a 15% slide because of them. I would prefer that not happen again.

Nobody expects a ramp to 1k this month. Lets not make this a thing.

Good dig, jkliu47!

What "this 1000/week" are you talking about? Where do you get those numbers from?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves again. I don't know what it is about pre earnings and ridiculous numbers, but last time we were greeted by a 15% slide because of them. I would prefer that not happen again.

Nobody expects a ramp to 1k this month. Lets not make this a thing.

Lets ease up on lecturing just a bit.

I am interpreting the article and pointing other publicly available information that points out to an increase in production in Q1. I do understand that there could be some kind of confusion with numbers in the article, hence I wrote "if true".

I think that discussion between people with different views is very good and healthy thing, but the reasoning along the lines "we were burned before" does not seem to add any essence.

Lets ease up on lecturing just a bit.

I am interpreting the article and pointing other publicly available information that points out to an increase in production in Q1. I do understand that there could be some kind of confusion with numbers in the article, hence I wrote "if true".

I think that discussion between people with different views is very good and healthy thing, but the reasoning along the lines "we were burned before" does not seem to add any essence.

I think it does when one use the phrase: "if true, this 1000/week." If they are doing 1000 a week I would reckon they would order a bit more than what they needed that month.

Status
Not open for further replies.