Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, price hit $200 premarket.

- - - Updated - - -

This might be the day, then for a tip of the hat to the analysts at Longboard who created this in April last year.
http://www.slideshare.net/sa/de5ddc39eee2069d118a6f18c7a9453b
Their arguments here helped persuade me to take a big long position. It all happened even faster than they predicted.

Boom!!!!!

Remember folks. The first break through a whole number like $100 and $200 is a very technically significant event. You can usually count on a few solid percentage point up once the price is pierced through. It also explains why shorts will defend this line as much as they can because if it closes above. Short squeeze cometh.

Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 8.31.09 AM.png

For history's sake.

Feels like the shorts are working their butts off to pile on selling pressure to keep us below 200. I do not think there is enough selling pressure to artificially keep it below 200 for long though now that it's been "popped," just a hunch.

Edit: So noted, boss. Next "whoop" at 300 then!

FYI from the macroeconomic corner:

"Today, all eyes will be turned to Washington where Janet Yellen's testimony before the House Financial Services Committee will begin at 10:00 ET with a Q&A session to follow. Ms. Yellen's prepared remarks were released 45 minutes ago and indicated the Fed intends to maintain its current pace for tapering of asset purchases."

I suspect bears have been piling on the sell pressure hoping to keep this inverted hammer going into 10am, and if the market doesn't like what Yellen says, look for some temporary additional downward pressure, I should think.

Feels like the shorts are working their butts off to pile on selling pressure to keep us below 200. I do not think there is enough selling pressure to artificially keep it below 200 for long though now that it's been "popped," just a hunch.

Edit: So noted, boss. Next "whoop" at 300 then!

The only question now is how low will TSLA go today before going back up above 200?

Maybe it could just be a self-fulfilling prophecy but it looks like TSLA is selling off a bit since hitting 200. It's done nothing but drift down since the market opened.
Yesterday I was asking here if we expect a lot of profit taking when we hit 200, so I'm not surprised. I was tempted to set up a sell order for 200 and try to by back at the low, but burned myself way too many times trying to time the market on TSLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.