Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I long suspect that Elon is checking the forum and getting the free stock analysis and sentiment analysis from members of this forum on top of his own investor relations team. You are talking about ~100s of successful savvy people spending at least an hour a day on TSLA related debates. Heck, he might even be disguised as a member and use that to debate us. If not active participation, at least an aid to skim all the posts and compiles sentiment analysis and important discussions.
Which member do you think he is. Nigel Bonnie or the dark horse realist? Seriously I remember years ago a CEO did that on yahoo boards and got into trouble for posting

Which member do you think he is. Nigel Bonnie or the dark horse realist? Seriously I remember years ago a CEO did that on yahoo boards and got into trouble for posting

I probably won't be able to tell. Elon is probably not well versed in trading so he will just read the short term investor thread instead of posting on it. I am mainly only on the short term investor thread. Someone active in the technical section might notice someone who is extremely well versed in all the details and that person would be a candidate.

I would love it if this was true, but I truly believe that Elon cares little about the stock price (short term wise) except from when he's planning an offering (like now).

I think he watches the stock prices very closely.
The reason is that the stock price is a very important strategic element for Tesla, and a higher stock price puts tesla in a much better position then a lower, the options to make stock offerings to raise new money for further expenditure is a very important milestone in the history of Tesla.
They would be in a much worser position now if the stock price would have traded between 40-60$ for the last 18 Months.

I think he doesn't care to much about the stock price when it come to his networth that is associated with it, but he knows exactly probably better the we do that its an important factor for the growth path of Tesla.

I'm sorry, thought my first post didn't get through. apologize.

No problem. New members have a time delay as moderators check a certain number of posts before you move to real time posting. This prevents spam and advertising getting through (you wouldn't believe how many we delete before anyone ever has to see it). Pretty soon you'll see that your posts appear in real time.

Welcome to TMC, enjoy. :)

No problem. New members have a time delay as moderators check a certain number of posts before you move to real time posting. This prevents spam and advertising getting through (you wouldn't believe how many we delete before anyone ever has to see it). Pretty soon you'll see that your posts appear in real time.

Welcome to TMC, enjoy. :)

Thanks, Nigel !
- appreciate the explanation. I see. Can imagine it's pretty time consuming on your end as a moderator to check all incoming posts.
BTW, will I ever reach 8'000+ posts ?...:smile:

From a TA perspective, Kass committed a technical faux pas with this short. I would never short a stock that is on its first breakout from $200 as it has a history of levitating the stock upward. Which made me kinda doubt his ability. Then again he is richer than me.

I was also expecting this thread to be flooded by shorts. I am guessing it's either because they are not shorting or because the mods are doing a darn good job of erasing them? If so, can you tell me if there is a pick up in short spam since q4 ER?

Trading flat today as we await next week's action. It's like we're in a time-warp that began with the question by Adam Jonas (Morgan Stanley analyst) about the Giga-Factory capital raise, and ends at some as-yet undetermined call next week after SCTY earnings on Monday night. Neither shorts nor longs are willing to back off. I think this sums up today's action:

standoff.jpg

A Mr. Levy from S&P Capital is on CNBC and he's claiming his past "sell" rating resulted in a 30% decline in Tesla's stock price.
Is he really taking credit for people getting spooked by the past fire/NHTSA events?

that guy's an idiot....just trying to make a name for himself.

anyone here listen to the Betty Liu interview again?
He mentioned that its highly unlikely they'd sell TSLA unless it was going to result in faster EV adoption somehow...to me this is a flag that the door is open to AAPL....he even told Betty when she asked him point blank if AAPL should make electric cars he paused, thought about it, and answered with "I think it would be a great idea".

What if the 1-2 week delay with the Giga Factory announcement after 4th quarter earnings is really the last chance he is giving AAPL to make an acquisition?? Think about it...now that 4th quarter results are public and 2014 guidance is public Tesla can use that data to better negotiate with AAPL on the possible deal...there is urgency as well with the upcoming Giga factory announcement.
what if Elon knows this Giga announcement may not even happen if he plays his cards right in a final AAPL negotiation this weekend?????

Perhaps we will all be very rich come next week if this conspiracy theory rings true.

A whole lot of people have thoughts. Start reading this thread and the ones stickied at the top of this forum, going back a few weeks/days to get yourself started.

Anyone who has actually read and studied the last 200 pages (2000 posts) of this thread feel like giving out a short synopsis of the general consensus of the investors in this thread as to the dilution of TSLA shares for the Giga Factory?
Thanks. :)

that guy's an idiot....just trying to make a name for himself.

anyone here listen to the Betty Liu interview again?
He mentioned that its highly unlikely they'd sell TSLA unless it was going to result in faster EV adoption somehow...to me this is a flag that the door is open to AAPL....he even told Betty when she asked him point blank if AAPL should make electric cars he paused, thought about it, and answered with "I think it would be a great idea".

What if the 1-2 week delay with the Giga Factory announcement after 4th quarter earnings is really the last chance he is giving AAPL to make an acquisition?? Think about it...now that 4th quarter results are public and 2014 guidance is public Tesla can use that data to better negotiate with AAPL on the possible deal...there is urgency as well with the upcoming Giga factory announcement.
what if Elon knows this Giga announcement may not even happen if he plays his cards right in a final AAPL negotiation this weekend?????

Perhaps we will all be very rich come next week if this conspiracy theory rings true.
I listened to that interview also and was kinda confused because it sounds like selling to apple was a possibility. But Elon said he would be the to last to sell his shares. If a company bought Tesla how would that effect the share price?

Status
Not open for further replies.