Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling more than a little smug this morning - I'd love to learn how Kass is trying to justify himself. Is there a way to read those Tweets if one isn't a Twit?

this is how:
Twitter / DougKass: For the haters out there I ...

claims he's now profitable (must have more than doubled down when it was higher AH or this morning. Of course that's playing mind games with his original short justification.

- - - Updated - - -

a lot of price targets moving up today
http://www.analystratings.net/stocks/NASDAQ/TSLA/

Now I just want it to end over 212 so he's not profitable.

probably covered already happy to short circuit his mistake- I used to see him pull this stuff on Apple calls etc. when I watched him on CNBC. You could never trust his core convictions as he would correct mistakes and concurrently claim correct calls.
Needless to say- I no longer follow him (or CNBC for that matter)- you might say I became crass on Kass

probably covered already happy to short circuit his mistake- I used to see him pull this stuff on Apple calls etc. when I watched him on CNBC. You could never trust his core convictions as he would correct mistakes and concurrently claim correct calls.
Needless to say- I no longer follow him (or CNBC for that matter)- you might say I became crass on Kass
Not any comment on DougKass, whom I know not, but in my wild mother tongue "kass" is short for "kassera" or throw away, no good, garbage. ~$.02

Let's also not forget Geneva Motor Show. It's in just a couple weeks 6-16.03 and Deepak or someone did mention it att he end of ER CC inviting people to various events including that. Also let's not forget that this is where European Car of the Year is announced and the Model S is one of the finalists. Also wouldn't be surprised to see the new X at the show even though Jerome did mention that the X event is likely to be at Fremont. The recent redesign on the web and orders status without side mirrors indicates they may show this version soon...

just wanted to remind people of other potential catalysts in the repeat of a five part trilogy ;)

Let's also not forget Geneva Motor Show. It's in just a couple weeks 6-16.03 and Deepak or someone did mention it att he end of ER CC inviting people to various events including that. Also let's not forget that this is where European Car of the Year is announced and the Model S is one of the finalists. Also wouldn't be surprised to see the new X at the show even though Jerome did mention that the X event is likely to be at Fremont. The recent redesign on the web and orders status without side mirrors indicates they may show this version soon...

just wanted to remind people of other potential catalysts in the repeat of a five part trilogy ;)

Mario, Which of the auto shows in Europe is considered the 'grand daddy' (like the Detroit Auto Show in US)? Frankfurt, Paris or Geneva? Thanks Al

I could see the i3 having a chance in that because of price and European bias, or possibly the new S class since I guess it's pretty impressive...but yeah, seems like a pretty foregone conclusion that it'll be the Tesla. Mostly considering it wins every one of these contests it qualifies for, because, well, it's better than all the other cars.

That said, winning that won't move the stock, and I generally don't expect Tesla to make announcements during auto shows. Which is why I didn't buy any calls during Detroit, which I'm still pissed off at myself about :-/

I'd say the Geneva one is globally considered one of the most important shows. And the reason I brought it up is the timing. I think a lot of us bought March calls for the ER play and hang on to them and the show is during their period.

About the people ignoring the word Model I don't know why they do it, but it does annoy me too. I guess it's because people are used to saying BMW 525 instead of BMW model 525 and apply that to Tesla too even though the word Model is part of the model name ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the EU Car of the Year title is THE nomination you want in Europe. That's a huge deal, probably bigger than Motor trends in US etc.

I'd say the Geneva one is globally considered one of the most important shows. And the reason I brought it up is the timing. I think a lot of us bought March calls for the ER play and hang on to them and the show is during their period.

About the people ignoring the word Model I don't know why they do it, but it does annoy me too. I guess it's because people are used to saying BMW 525 instead of BMW model 525 and apply that to Tesla too even though the word Model is part of the model name ;)

Frankfurt, Geneva and Detroit are the "tier 1" international shows, which is why tesla goes to them and not others. Can't tell you which is most important in eu. Obviously Detroit is most important here. I'd say Frankfurt and Geneva are close to equal.

Mario, Which of the auto shows in Europe is considered the 'grand daddy' (like the Detroit Auto Show in US)? Frankfurt, Paris or Geneva? Thanks Al

German wikipedia lists all of them among the 5 top auto shows worldwide:

Liste der Automobilausstellungen - Wikipedia

AIMc, it's definitely Geneva. The most prestigious auto show in Europe.

Hi everyone,
just registered today after being a shareholder for more than a year, actually since January 2013. Q4 2013 was a roller coaster ride but I "survived".
Been reading and following a lot of discussions here for a while now and I thought it's time to join you guys.
Hope to contribute here a bit from a swiss market perspective in terms of pre-orders, sales figures, product penetration, infrastructure and so on.

wish you all a successful investment year!

I saw on his Twitter that he said he bought high (in the after hours) and was able to short it then. How exactly does one short a stock in the after hours? Because I thought the options markets were only open during normal hours... Sounds a bit unfair to me.

Shorting the stock doesn't require options. Shorting is simply selling shares at a certain price, retaining the sale proceeds, and then hoping to buy the shares back later at a cheaper price (using less money than what you got from your initial sale, thus pocketing the difference as profit). It's just the reverse sequence of using your cash to buy shares, then hoping to sell later at a higher price.

Shorting the stock doesn't require options. Shorting is simply selling shares at a certain price, retaining the sale proceeds, and then hoping to buy the shares back later at a cheaper price (using less money than what you got from your initial sale, thus pocketing the difference as profit). It's just the reverse sequence of using your cash to buy shares, then hoping to sell later at a higher price.

Correct. An easier way to describe 2 ways to make money:

1. buy low, sell high (the "long" way)
2. sell high, buy low (the "short" way)

How do you sell something before you own it? You borrow it, and have to pay interest on the borrowed asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.