Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like the news regarding China seems to be hitting the mainstream. I was wondering why the stock wasn't up earlier with the news about them wanting to build cars in China, I guess those few hours is the time advantage we as "insiders" seem to have on the rest of the market.

Big jump - what happened?

I'm attaching a 1 hour chart. You can see that 200 was a support level on the way down (tested twice before broke through) and on the way up 200 provided resistance until broken through. When it broke through, people trading on technicals jumped in as a buy point and that triggered the jump.

I'm also attaching a 4 hour chart as well (below the 1 hour chart) and you can see the 200 level has provided a resistance and support level over the past few months.

200support1hour.png

200support4hour.png

Looks like NFLX had a good ER, so FB, AMZN, TSLA, and all other momo stocks are up in AH too...

Gotta love the stock market; it all makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

I went a bit nuts on the rumors and bought a pile of NFLX shares at the close. Going to be a nice return in the morning. :)

Here's hoping the steady drumbeat of good news on TSLA can begin the ramp towards a good solid Q1 ER as well.

I'm still not sure the market has had its fill of macroeconomic panic and am still hedged, but less so today.

Last edited:
I went a bit nuts on the rumors and bought a pile of NFLX shares at the close. Going to be a nice return in the morning. :)

Here's hoping the steady drumbeat of good news on TSLA can begin the ramp towards a good solid Q1 ER as well.

I'm still not sure the market has had its fill of macroeconomic panic and am still hedged, but less so today.

+1 Still hoping some of the zeroes I have in my account can turn into Heroes. Too deep into margin to place any more bets.

Tesla CEO: Panasonic Likely Partner in Battery Plant

Details in two or three month...

Complaints of Chinese customers (delayed deliveries) are resolved during the personal meeting with EM

Tesla CEO: Panasonic Likely Partner in Battery Plant - WSJ.com

What is this "two separate locations" all about?:

"Mr. Musk said the company has shortlisted four states for the planned factory—Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico and Texas. The company would break ground at two separate locations to minimize the risk of delays, he said."

a second factory in Lathrop? Taking over the old Chrysler plant.

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/m/section/1/article/103892/

This sounds like it would be for cars. Could it possible be batteries?

Wow, good catch + good news! I thought Fremont still had enough space for additional production lines? I don´t think they are planning for Gen3 car production already. I would guess they will use the Lathrop facility as a starting point for cell production to get a quicker start before the final Giga Factory is ready. Or maybe split cells and pack production?

a second factory in Lathrop? Taking over the old Chrysler plant.

http://www.mantecabulletin.com/m/section/1/article/103892/

This sounds like it would be for cars. Could it possible be batteries?

My guess is that Tesla will use this facility as a parts distribution warehouse which is what Chrysler used it as.

It is rather small at 400k square feet vs Fremont at 5.5 million square feet and the proposed Gigafactory at 10 million square feet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.