Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm sure they're the ones supplying the panels and power generation... but since Elon is a co-founder of that company too, they don't need to independently sync up their announcements. (my $0.02)

Not sure if this was reported elsewhere yet, but Bloomberg just cited Simon Sproule saying the Tesla Factory is now in its planned shutdown for a $100mm revamping and will be operational again Aug 4.

Tesla Idles California Plant to Retool for Electric SUVs - Bloomberg

I too think Panasonic ER date is a coincidence. Panasonic is reporting at 3:30am ET where as Tesla is reporting at 4:00pm.

If they want to make a combined announcement, they will do a press-release followed by a conference call for the press. It wouldn't be through coordinated ERs.

I too think Panasonic ER date is a coincidence. Panasonic is reporting at 3:30am ET where as Tesla is reporting at 4:00pm.

If they want to make a combined announcement, they will do a press-release followed by a conference call for the press. It wouldn't be through coordinated ERs.

True, however aren't there so called "quiet periods" where companies are not allowed to do things because of it being too close to their earnings? Maybe the purpose of syncing up is so that they can make that press release AFTER earnings?

And even though I pointed out they are on the same date the other thing to consider is the next SpaceX launch is set for August 4th and a weather scrub could easily push it off another day or two. Elon may just want to have Tesla business out of the way so he can concentrate on SpaceX.

You know I think given the timing of this shutdown the sudden jump forward of new orders back in may would seem to me to be more based on demand more than anything... Because the jump went from basically June to August in a matter of days... Where are all the July deliveries that would have happened when they were clearly kicking out cars up until this week? Cars that would have been made this week would have been delivered to US customers next week, and the following week for the second week of shutdowns. But yet I doodle see much for deliveries in the early part of July to include this week of deliveries... If anything it should have more jumped from July to Sept instead of how we saw it happen.

Some thoughts:

1) TSLA has to announce the groundbreaking at the ER. They have not eluded once that anything is amiss with the GF, and Elon has said that the groundbreaking announcement is imminent. Any non-announcement will crush the stock, however an announcement that progress is on track (i.e., dirt being moved) will send the stock up.

2) Panasonic, IMO, is more on-board than the market believes. They see the demand rising, despite higher delivery numbers YOY. The more comfortable they get with the demand picture, the more aggressive they will get.

If the trend from this week continues - we will have to rename this thread Short-Term Tesla Price STILLNESS - 2014. I've seen corpses with more active EKG's than the chart the last couple days. 2 million shares traded??? A week before earnings....Bueller....Bueller.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sorry, fell asleep and drooled on my keyboard as I monitored Tesla's price action.

Not sure what this means - anyone?

If the trend from this week continues - we will have to rename this thread Short-Term Tesla Price STILLNESS - 2014. I've seen corpses with more active EKG's than the chart the last couple days. 2 million shares traded??? A week before earnings....Bueller....Bueller.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sorry, fell asleep and drooled on my keyboard as I monitored Tesla's price action.

Stagnation is likely due to a balance between those who are hopeful and those who are fearful of the earnings report and follow-up announcements during the conference call. FUDmeisters have been very active in recent days, which may account for selling by shorts or weak longs to those who expect good news.

Hmmm tantalising :)

It could be one of the sites, but a problem with this rumour is that on Google Earth, that street address is basically a valley with hills on either side. However, I guess if you move 140,000 cubic yards out of the way it could be pretty level.

Reading that article, which is not new, shows that whatever that site is going to be, breaking ground already happened several weeks ago.

The confidentiality sought by future users of these lots is commonplace, it explains, and could account for why we have not heard any Gigafactory updates since the shareholder meeting. Wherever its sites are, Tesla wants as much time to bargain with the state authorities without revealing that they have already started construction.

The upcoming ER will probably be the next moment Tesla makes a move, in regards to revealing details.

Why is the announcement on GF delaying? Didnt he say there would be an announcement in June??

In response to a question during the May 7 conference call regarding groundbreaking for a Gigafactory, Elon answered in a less than firm tone, "...probably next month". I did not take that as a commitment set in stone. He added that one or two more additional groundbreakings could occur during the following months. That would be to reduce the possibilities of delays due red tape from the states. He said the announcement of which site would be first to enter full construction would be made later this year.

The addition of California as a candidate may have complicated negotiations with the states. Negotiations with Panasonic and perhaps other partners are also factors. Such negotiations do not often adhere to neat timetables. Much may be clarified or revealed during the July 31 conference call.

I think it means many of us have no idea what to do. I know I don't. I thought of selling one call to try and take advantage of the iv crush, I have also thought about buying some more common, and I have also thought about buying some more September calls and maybe one weekly.

As you can see I'm perplexed. So, for right now I am doing nothing (I even sold half of my kndi common yesterday to free up some cash for tsla trades.)

Status
Not open for further replies.