Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla has been outperforming Apple throughout the month. It was higher yesterday and is higher in pre-market trading as well. We may have a new general. People want growth in this environment and I don't know a better growth story at the moment.

YTD is a completely different story though. I don't think the shift has occurred yet. I don't think it will until the Model 3 hits the street.

TSLA prior 12 months:

TSLA-1yr>28apr2015.png

Look at all this action, what a fantastic stock! This is all that Uncle John needs.
--

Could you give a link to shorts forum? I think I'll enjoy reading that...

I find good discussions between longs/shorts in the comment section of articles that are published by the bigger news outlets daily, sometimes the comments are upwards to a 100. Then you have Seeking Alpha which is fairly active (you need to create account to read comments), and if you want to spice it up for a good laugh you can go to finance.yahoo.com message boards, keep in mind though that 85% of it is rubbish, all though you can find some good discussion there too.

When I venture out from TMC to read comments it's mainly just to take the pulse on what the general retail investor thinks, and most of them just don't have any in-depth knowledge of Tesla Motors, but just regurgitate the medias FUD.

Last edited:
I must admit I am completely unsure about what to expect from the April 30th meeting and how to evaluate it's content in a short term context. So I am looking for your insight on 1) what do you think Tesla needs to announce as a minimum to be achieved to satisfy the market 2) what do you think Tesla can announce that will surprise the market positively? For example, if Tesla announced a deal with a utility or a large commercial party like Walmart would that fall under 1) or 2)? Does the market expect a product with immediate general availability or is it sufficient that the announced product will only be available for the general consumer market once the gigafactory is pumping out cells? Due to my uncertainty (and admittedly positive movement lately) I am thinking of liquidating my position and buying in again afterwards.

I must admit I am completely unsure about what to expect from the April 30th meeting and how to evaluate it's content in a short term context. So I am looking for your insight on 1) what do you think Tesla needs to announce as a minimum to be achieved to satisfy the market 2) what do you think Tesla can announce that will surprise the market positively? For example, if Tesla announced a deal with a utility or a large commercial party like Walmart would that fall under 1) or 2)? Does the market expect a product with immediate general availability or is it sufficient that the announced product will only be available for the general consumer market once the gigafactory is pumping out cells? Due to my uncertainty (and admittedly positive movement lately) I am thinking of liquidating my position and buying in again afterwards.

i cant answer all of those questions, but i do feel like they will need to offer this service immediately, not 6/12 months from now.

I think you are asking for us to predict the future with certainty -- no one can do that. Formulate your own thesis based on as much information as you can gather and do as much research as you can perform, have a plan. Otherwise, probably should not trade stocks.

I think you are asking for us to predict the future with certainty -- no one can do that. Formulate your own thesis based on as much information as you can gather and do as much research as you can perform, have a plan. Otherwise, probably should not trade stocks.

I find your lack of faith disturbing... (queue darth vader breathing sound)

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015 - Page 251

*edit: Having too much fun embracing the god delusion syndrone from Rishikesh.

Just noticed something queer:

the Yahoo Finance website's chart (1-year): TSLA Interactive Stock Chart | Yahoo! Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

shows that on 22 December, TSLA had a 1-for-10 reverse stock split. Who knew!!!! I guess now I have a lot fewer shares!!!!:scared:

I'm wondering, seriously, if that Canadian oil patch junior explorer "Tesla" is the one that was scrambling.....

And now back on the road - less than 2,000 miles to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.