TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Robert.Boston, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Here's the 2015 vintage of this thread to discuss short-term TSLA stock prices and the news driving those movements. Best wishes for a safe and prosperous New Year to all!

2. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

+ 1 :smile:

3. pz1975

pz1975 Member

Best wishes to everyone here and hope for a prosperous 2015!

4. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Best wishes to all for 2015!

Data for December deliveries in various regions should be dribbling out soon. Also, the North American Auto Show is coming up and it will be interesting to see if there is going to be a Model X reveal.

5. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Happy new year to all. Very interesting 2015 ahead. Take a look at those Yahoo headlines saying Teslas best days are behind it. We also have Elon's personal issues. Here's to a blockbuster 2015 filled with more D's and model X's. I hope that Elon can obtain some more work life balance in the coming year as well.

6. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

#6 Papafox, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    I am going to start saving these kind of video clips so that we can replay them one day at a Teslanaire's convention. Please join me there!

7. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

I think the best is yet to come for Tesla. That beast of a car (D) is unleashed on the world and will make people salivate over a car:biggrin:.

The potential for improvement of such a drivetrain will be there for a long time and no doubt Tesla engineers will continue to improve the performance with each new software upgrade.:cool: Customers are getting upgradeable cars.:cool:

The implications are huge. Car upgradeability will put pressure on the resale price of Tesla's in the second car market, making owning a Tesla even more attractive. The first wave of Tesla's customers is already moving to new (D) models, thus keeping pressure on demand and allowing second tier customers access to a second-hand market.

If favourable macroeconomic conditions persist for the next few years, that will allow Tesla to establish SC and galleries infrastructure around the globe and to strengthen its footprint and supply chain, without huge penalties imposed on TSLA due to sacrificing profitability to fund growth.

Elon seems like he is in a fun mode, judging by his last tweet.
    Tweet.png

8. jhm

jhm Active Member

It's always a good thing when Elon is in fun mode. That's when the most creative stuff comes out.

9. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

10. doggusfluffy

doggusfluffy Closed

#10 doggusfluffy, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    Agreed! I am dying to see what this solid metal snake actually looks like.
    Happy New Year to all!

11. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Member

Anyone care to guess how the stock will react in the short term, in January? I thought it might be fun to take a shot at it as I've been looking at the historical data for Tesla during the months of December/January from the last year. TSLA traded sideways for about the first 2 weeks in the 140-150 range in January, then it took off to a very positive climb to $170s as investors placed their bets for QR, by early March TSLA was at $250. Hopefully history repeats itself and we get a $100 catalyst like Dec.-March of last year. Although the price doesn't seem to reflect this, IMO TSLA is so much more awesome than 9 months ago.

12. ScepticMatt

ScepticMatt Member

Hmm ... I guess it depends on how confident investors are that Tesla meets q4 delivery guidance.
    The delayed next-gen seats might cause some doubt, I feel.

13. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

The next-gen seats will be placed where necessary in January. No problem with delivery guidance IMO.

14. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Just read an article in Italian saying that Tesla will get the required range for the P85D with a software making the torque "sleep" when not necessary.

According to me this won't be the last software release concerning range. There will be other software releases managing to improve the range by making "sleep" other features.

:cool:

15. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Its definitely not the last update. Range will improve with real road testing as more data comes in from current owners.

In regards to January, we can only hope for some catalyst during the NAIAS if Tesla brings the Model X Beta (they had the Alpha there last year). For me, I was thinking Tesla would have a slow and steadied climb that was less frenzied this year, but given the ridiculous headlines I think there will be a few tsunami's of hurt despite the fact that we are in a period of uncertainty (balance between global economic growth and increasing rates looming)

16. Theshadows

Theshadows Active Member

The Model S with the roof rack was the only car at NAIAS last year. I don't believe we have seen the Model X Alpha.

17. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Member

They had the prototype there two years ago. Neither the alpha nor beta have been seen, to my knowledge.

18. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

19. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Member

The alpha wasn't built until August, 2014.

20. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Ah understood. On a short term note. Overall market is up but Tesla is facing a lot of downward pressure. For our technical guys, any particular reason for this. Don't really see any news or anything going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.