Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO you can't simultaneuosly believe that Elon is very ethical AND he gives big investors some material information (and they vote for merger because of that) which is not available to all investors.

I believe he follows SEC rules and big investors don't get any material information (from Tesla) which is not available to all investors.
And you also believe in the tooth fairy?

New document. Amendment to form S-4.

Tesla Motors - Registration Statement

Edit: as expected: no change in the SCTY / TSLA exchange ratio. (Page 12 / 117)

If the Merger is completed, SolarCity stockholders will receive 0.110 shares of Tesla Common Stock for each share of SolarCity Common Stock they hold, with cash paid in lieu of fractional shares. The Exchange Ratio is fixed and will not be adjusted for changes in the market value of the common stock of SolarCity or Tesla.

Last edited:
On the brighter side, the analysts with special access to management haven't done any better. Andrea's 12 month PT of $500 set around June of 2015 is one example. Investors who invested based on that must be not so happy right now.

This PT was made before the 400,000 deposits for Model 3. Everything changed after that. Prior, TSLA was concentrating on the X as well as FCF positive. Then the timeline moved up 2 years for both the 3 and the GF, which blew the whole FCF positive thing out of the water.

Long term, the deposits are great news. Short term it totally screwed us.

• Informative
Reactions: stealthology
Check your timeline again. She had a price target of $355 and raised it to $500 only after the reveal of the Model 3 and subsequent blowout reservations. In a way, the fact that high profile analysts can get it wrong too (bulls and bears alike) shows us that whatever extra information they get from management is not really material.
Wow!

Analysts price targets are often incorrect and that proves that any additional information they get from management isn't material? You should be an analyst because following your logic you'd be able to make 100% correct predictions.

How about her $355 target?

The $355 target was based on projected sales of 500,000 vehicles in 2020 (before Model 3 reveal) plus a modest contribution from TE.

The simplest and IMO most reasonable conclusion is that the market has not yet priced in sales of 500,000 vehicles in 2020, plus a modest contribution from TE.

Which, IMO, means the market is being totally irrational.

BRIEF-Four lawsuits filed by purported stockholders of Tesla challenging SolarCity deal

* Between Sept 1 and Sept 14, four lawsuits filed in court of Chancery of State of Delaware by purported stockholders of Tesla challenging SolarCity deal

* Tesla says if any of four lawsuits not resolved, it could prevent or delay completion of the merger Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:

Anybody know anything about these 4 alleged lawsuits? In particular if there's any substance to them?

M&A's frequently generate lawsuits that are total hogwash. So far as any of us have been able to tell, TSLA/SCTY have both been completely above board with how they've handled it.

So you suggest that Elon violates SEC rules?
No, I'm stating it's a well known fact that analysts and large institutional investors are given access to information that the public doesn't.

I'm not an attorney so I have no idea of weather or not these standard industry practices violate SEC rules.

Do you get a private callback from Tesla IR after the CC's to have your questions answered? What do you think they talk about?

No, I'm stating it's a well known fact that analysts and large institutional investors are given access to information that the public doesn't.

I'm not an attorney so I have no idea of weather or not these standard industry practices violate SEC rules.

Do you get a private callback from Tesla IR after the CC's to have your questions answered? What do you think they talk about?

They are adding COLOR to what was said during the ER call. Analysts never have enough COLOR, always need and ask for more. :D

Last edited:
This is one year PT set in April of this year. I don't think you can state that she was wrong before April of next year.:)

ev-enthusiast posted her analysis from June 15, 2015

"ev-enthusiast, Tuesday at 4:49 PM

http://andreajames.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/fd0d1ff7-dcb4-4000-9254-cd7b1b2b7c3a.pdf
Nice read."

Her predictions for the last four quarters were a bit off;

_________Dougherty________Actual
_____EPS___Av Shares____EPS___Av Shares

3Q15---+$0.31----126.4MM___($0.58)___129.0MM

4Q15__+$0.95----126.4MM___($0.87)___131.1MM

1Q16__+$0.61---126.4MM___($0.57)___132.7MM

2Q16__+$0.77---126.4MM___($1.06)___140.0MM

Probably the call back did not help her in anticipating problems with the Model X.

Reactions: mmd
BRIEF-Four lawsuits filed by purported stockholders of Tesla challenging SolarCity deal

* Between Sept 1 and Sept 14, four lawsuits filed in court of Chancery of State of Delaware by purported stockholders of Tesla challenging SolarCity deal

* Tesla says if any of four lawsuits not resolved, it could prevent or delay completion of the merger Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:

Some more detail here

Tesla-SolarCity Merger Could Be Delayed by Shareholder Suits

Status
Not open for further replies.