Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on posts here, we can have people start multiple threads (you know who you are), such as:

- 'TSLA-issues' with bear cases" - forum
- TSLA is changing the world with bull cases for a 1T valuation" - forum
- TSLA is a company - with neutral cases" - forum
- "Complaining about other posters rather ignoring them" - forum
- "Telling people to ignore other people" - forum
- "The evil shorts are at it again, Halliburton!" forum
- "The stock will go up due to something happening" forum
- "People are saying something I disagree with and it makes me sad or angry" forum

Or we can all post about things related to short term price movements (the name of this forum) and scroll past things we don't want to read or put people on ignore if it is too hard to do so.
Or for bears recently reincarnated with new names - The Revenant Bear Forum

Isn't it about time we split the short term thread? People have been using it as a general for too long.
Been there, done that, wasn't great as we had to follow multiple threads for useful information. The key is self moderation and well, the mods. Actually aside from the trolls it has been working rather well. I dont wish the times back when the thread was supposed to be about " TSLA went up... Now it went down". When we have a relevant topic, or topics, like the looming tsunami of events, it will be discussed as it greatly impacts TSLA as well.

Really, folks, just put them on ignore. I don't understand the rationale for keeping them off ignore. You seem to think that you are surrendering to bullish groupthink if you do. Not so. if there is some material change in the investment thesis, respectable quality members will bring it up. I don't know what you are reacting to due to the magic of ignore but it must be really dumb.
I will start to dislike anyone who quotes these trolls value ev or myusername, you're messing up my ignore function leaving me no choice.

Earlier today we had a short discussion about Tesla's narrow AI driving. Many members were unhappy about it, saying it doesn't fit the short term thread.

I think the AI driving and Tesla autonomous is relevant for near term. Here is my reasoning:
If we look back when Elon said autonomous would be out in 3 years, then he said 2 years, then he said autonomous would come way quicker than anyone expected. Now more time has past, I think there is a decent chance it could be around late 2017 or sometime 2018, 2019. Even if it's not 100% fool proof at that time, just call it autopilot 3.0, It's enough to affect today's stock price because the market generally looks out 2 years through Options.

Tesla can not say anything about it when it gets closer. Because that would negatively affect today's S and X sales.

If Tesla decides to release autonomous software around that time on every Tesla, AND license it to other companies (limit to 10 million new cars per year), charges $0.1 per EV miles, $0.2 per ICE miles, that would bring in $15B profit a year. Those companies who don't license may have a hard time to sell their cars. Just a thought. Licensing autonomous makes sense for Tesla. It would reduce human errors.

This sounds crazy, but Elon did lots of crazy things in the past.

On the other hand, if Tesla is not leading in autonomous, the valuation changes quite a bit.

Very interesting how no-one has commented on Elon stating via. Tweet response that Oppenheimer's view is "obviously wrong".

So far Elon's Tweet has only been liked 60 times? o_O

1) If Tesla's only problem is needing cash, Tesla doesn't have any problems.

2) Tesla still hasn't revealed who the other strategic partners are.

3) There are plenty of private companies and states/countries that are sitting on $1 trillion, looking for a good way to invest it. Investing in a company poised to grow by 5,000-10,000% over the next ten years seems like no brained decision.

3) When Apple began making the iPhone, Apple didn't have the cash, resources, partners, or work force needed to build 10 million iPhones. Apple's strategic partners gave Apple the facilities, resources, and work force it needed to go from 0 - 10million very quickly, because Apple had a great product, that it's partners knew would be a huge but that would benefit their companies, and drive massive economic growth, for the indefinite future. The situation is almost identical for Tesla.

For the record, I'm disliking basically everything Value EV says because, just like his prior (banned) moniker Dr Valueseeker), he is spamming the thread nonstop and making it unreadable. I don't care who the poster is, you should not have 5+ responses on every page in this thread. Same goes for myusername, who apparently can't keep his own promise to post once per hour.

It also doesn't help that these 2 bring up the same tired and debunked arguments that have been rehashed 400 times. Like any internet forum, our members (myself included) have a very hard like letting BS and horrific logic go unchecked, so we end up with a broken shell of a once great thread as we try to talk sense into members who are not interested in logic or sense in any form as it relates to TSLA.

Daily reminder, let's stop responding to these members. And try not to quote them out of respect to our members trying to ignore such noise.

Agree. It is ridiculous. Do we not have moderators on here anymore?

The fascinating additional information in this story on Tesla's Q3 sales:
Tesla Reports Q3 US Sales: Model S Crushes "Large Luxury Sedan" Competition

Very interesting to me is the confirmation that Tesla sold 5,428 Model X's in Q3 in the U.S. That means out of 8,700, only 3,272 went outside the U.S. That means the worldwide reservations list for the Model X has hardly been dented. Maybe 200 went overseas in Q2, which means the total overseas thus far is less than 3,500. With 1,836 registered in Europe, that means China took delivery of about 1,400 Model X's last quarter. Of the 16,000 Model X's sold thus far, 12,500 were sold in the U.S. or 78%.

Hopefully RHD Model X starts to be delivered in Q4.

Last edited:
Wrong! DO quote them, then we (who are ignoring them) don't see the reply either.

The ignore function works really really well.

Hypothetical:

For large money who may use this thread to supplement their research, it has potential to pose a very minor issue. Maybe they want all the helpful contributors here to ban them so they're not enticed to respond, or simply stop following this thread.

Last edited:
Been there, done that, wasn't great as we had to follow multiple threads for useful information. The key is self moderation and well, the mods. Actually aside from the trolls it has been working rather well. I dont wish the times back when the thread was supposed to be about " TSLA went up... Now it went down". When we have a relevant topic, or topics, like the looming tsunami of events, it will be discussed as it greatly impacts TSLA as well.
Actually aside from people replying to the trolls it's working well.
Tesla can not say anything about it when it gets closer. Because that would negatively affect today's S and X sales.
Not if they announce that the HW has been added to today's S and X.
Agree. It is ridiculous. Do we not have moderators on here anymore?
The moderators can either ban the trolls or we can ignore them or at least stop replying to them, or please at least quote them in your replies.

Last edited:
Very interesting how no-one has commented on Elon stating via. Tweet response that Oppenheimer's view is "obviously wrong".

2) Tesla still hasn't revealed who the other strategic partners are.

3) There are plenty of private companies and states/countries that are sitting on $1 trillion, looking for a good way to invest it. Investing in a company poised to grow by 5,000-10,000% over the next ten years seems like no brained decision.

3) When Apple began making the iPhone, Apple didn't have the cash, resources, partners, or work force needed to build 10 million iPhones. Apple's strategic partners gave Apple the facilities, resources, and work force it needed to go from 0 - 10million very quickly, because Apple had a great product, that it's partners knew would be a huge but that would benefit their companies, and drive massive economic growth, for the indefinite future. The situation is almost identical for Tesla.
Have they talked about having other strategic partners, is that for the giga you're talking about? Keep wondering if something in China is going to happen.

Actually aside from people replying to the trolls it's working well.

Not if they announce that the HW has been added to today's S and X.

The moderators can either ban the trolls or we can ignore them or at least stop replying to them, or please at least quote them in your replies.

The standard way to deal with this type of stuff is Reddit's rating system. They'll just get voted down the rating scale and nobody but the first few people would read their drivel. So if this message board software has such a feature it'd be nice to get that enabled.

Reactions: Yonki

Since they only need cash to support a huge expansion, the need for cash is not even a "problem".

I doubt anyone thinks that they can get through the second master plan and towards a $1T valuation without subsequent capital raises or debt. It is not at all unusual Ford, Daimler, and BMW employ high financial leverage

I'm at a loss to understand the reluctance to punch the ignore button. As Mitch notes upthread, it's only others' replies that intrude. A partisan's need to defend might explain some of it (and conceivably could be repressed). And of course the stock price is going basically nowhere these days so everybody's pissed.

FWIW I have 14 on ignore, and I added Mr. Valuable after his fourth post. If there's anyone here who thinks I missed anything of interest to someone following in the progress of Tesla's stock, feel free to let me know ;-)

The standard way to deal with this type of stuff is Reddit's rating system. They'll just get voted down the rating scale and nobody but the first few people would read their drivel. So if this message board software has such a feature it'd be nice to get that enabled.
That sounds wonderful! If they don't have it maybe they could add it.

But I don't understand why everyone can't either ignore them, or at least not reply, or at least include a quote.

I also think that anyone who automatically dislikes or funnies every post that might be considered positive should be banned or flagged somehow as well. I don't care if I get a million dislikes, but it's clearly an abuse of the ratings system.

The system would become relevant iff the nratings numbers wlere displayed next to the usernames. If they do that I'd like to see the number of ignores that,someone has too.​

Last edited:
Reactions: madodel
Status
Not open for further replies.