Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quoting you directly (see above) and if you can man up to what you said, then welcome to my ignore list.

Quoting my post which correctly called out your ignorance of what the preceding page and a half of discussion was talking about. Was I aggressive? A bit. Was I hyperbolic? Sure. Was I incorrect, or attacking your character instead of your statement? Not at all.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I think Auto Emergency Braking and Front Collision Warning is there as of now, for sure. I'm less sure about Side Collision Warning (could sound like you need more sensors to the sides for that to work) and Auto High Beams (kind of a "weak" safety feature if you ask me).

From the blog it sounds like these features will be disabled while the new Autopilot hardware is calibrated, but only until December 2016.

Doesn't change the fact that if I spend $5k or $8k now, I'm getting nothing until an unknown time.

Your getting something: the car. And with regard to AP level 5: you are getting it eventually, and you get to drive the car for x number of months as a pre-AP car while waiting for it to metamorphize in to a level 5 autonomous car. It's not like it's not going to cost $8k at least as an S or X option in the beggining when the software is switched on. Or at least close to $8k.

Reactions: sunhelm and ggr
If everyone ignored you, and you ignored everyone then we wouldn't have a problem.

Feel free to ignore me, I am fine with that. If you are so afraid of hearing differing viewpoints, I understand that you need a safe space.
"I think this is a very common mistake - to not actively seek out and listen to negative feedback." Mr. Elon Musk

Yet, you are comfortable with name calling (troll!) and people saying someone crawled under a rock? Funny.

The only reason people are disappointed is due to developing an expectation for a major Model 3 event. This was autopilot/Tesla Vision. Release the other expectation and this is a major major reveal. I agree with Elon. F***ing mindblowing!

As an M3 reservation holder I kept telling my friends: I will cancel if I find out self-driving isn't going to be included at least in the hardware. Now that is safe, I'm very happy.

So it's a major M3 announcement and yes a major Tesla announcement as well.

Quoting my post which correctly called out your ignorance of what the preceding page and a half of discussion was talking about. Was I aggressive? A bit. Was I hyperbolic? Sure. Was I incorrect, or attacking your character instead of your statement? Not at all.
don't degenerate the thread... just let it go... then we won't have to sift through pages of garbage tomorrow talking about how to get rid of trolls.

• Disagree
Reactions: esk8mw
Tesla was already head and shoulders above the competition on autonomy. Now it may be game over. As someone who had been a skeptic that Tesla could prevail in the autonomy game, I have to say that this is truly an an incredible development.

But on a personal level, I still want to see a Model 3 in action. And I think there is still a good chance we will before the night is over.

I am quoting you directly (see above) and if you can man up to what you said, then welcome to my ignore list.

Suggestion: work it out in PMs to each other or let it drop.

Thanks

TSLA this is huge and those who are underwhelmed are terribly short sighted
Today's news makes me super confident that TSLA is the single best stock to own for the next several years maybe decades
Full autonomy so soon is a game changer
Uber and Lyft are doomed
I don't care what naysayers say or how the market reacts tomorrow I'm holding every single share for a very very long time
I wish I could buy more but I'm already super leveraged
All in
And love Elon

Your getting something: the car. And with regard to AP level 5: you are getting it eventually, and you get to drive the car for x number of months as a pre-AP car while waiting for it to metamorphize in to a level 5 autonomous car. It's not like it's not going to cost $8k at least as an S or X option in the beggining when the software is switched on. Or at least close to $8k.
I got the car with the other $60k+. For the level 5, I don't known when I will get it, which is what that "FUD" article is saying, which is true.

Given that you're sitting on a Model 3 res, it doesn't sound like this will be an issue for you. Enjoy the functionality when your spot in line is called.. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go cry in the corner in anticipation of my options potentially dying tomorrow.
Yeh I'm disappointed purely for short term (didn't play any options or anything though). It's still great for the long term.

Those of you complaining how this wasn't M3 part 2 reveal: The S and X are just stepping stone cars, M3 is what counts going forward for Elon, what's important is that full autonomy is coming for the Model 3, the fact that when M3 gets it of course the top of the line S and X cars will have it too is a given, and if possible a little before M3 in order to keep that feeling of exclusivity + in order to keep S and X sales strong all the way to and during M3 take-off.

The amusing thing about the whining I've seen on here is that the market actually had a significant pullback when Elon had that tweet about M3/part 2. Which implies the market was expecting something like A/P2 and not M3 interior. Also, people whining about tesla overhyping this evident, are you joking? There was barely any buildup on Tesla's part, Elon announced it with a short tweet, seems fitting for a major A/P HW upgrade.

Another upshot to people who want a Tesla but can't afford MS/MX is that this will likely induce some of the wealthier Tesla owners to finally upgrade and we'll start seeing CPO AP cars in a reasonable level of volume instead of being super rare.

That's recuperating the loss, no gains yet.

Elon also said that they expect to push updates enabling the new features every couple months for about a year after that. Expects to demonstrate a cross country MS run, including the charging, in 2017.

I am still not tracking how that works. Why do they have to integrate?

How does Tesla enforce me using the T-Network (trademark!) to pick up my mom and take her to the airport vs. using it to pick up an Uber customer and drop them at the airport?
How will your car pick up uber customer automatically? If you punch in the app, yes it's possible. But, then how will you be paid? Regardless, based on the rules you will agree to when you turn on autopilot, you are not allowed to use it commercially on any other network.

Tesla network will automatically be able to summon the car precisely where the customer is and billing is seamless. Uber won't have access to Tesla APIs.

Reactions: NicoV and Xpert
I got the car with the other $60k+. For the level 5, I don't known when I will get it, which is what that "FUD" article is saying, which is true.

Ok so what do you think will be the take rate on cars ordered without the full API suite going forward? My guess: less than 5%. Even if you for some odd reason believe you're not going to want to use level 5 autonomy you'd be absolutely killing your resale value buying a car without the hardware. And besides all the security features will be much better with the full suite (which is a point I believe Tesla will stress and rightly so, it will also be a deciding factor for many buyers).

• Love
Reactions: TrendTrader007
Ok so what do you think will be the take rate on cars ordered without the full API suite going forward? My guess: less than 5%. Even if you for some odd reason believe you're not going to want to use level 5 autonomy you'd be absolutely killing your resale value buying a car without the hardware. And besides all the security features will be much better with the full suite (which is a point I believe Tesla will stress and rightly so, it will also be a deciding factor for many buyers).
I think current sales won't be affected negatively at all. Should increase because less buyer's remorse concern.

But in the short term, today's announcement is a perfect setting for sell on news.

• Funny
Reactions: stealthology
You misunderstand.

Active safety features are included, as is the full 8 camera hardware suite, with all cars coming out of the factory. There is no option to buy a car without the hardware for AP2.0 The only option is to save $3k and not get the Level 5 capable software, or save $8k and not get the similar-to-AP1.0 software.

Reactions: everman
Status
Not open for further replies.