Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way a 1600-1700 kg rack would be significantly unstable. I work with heavy racks, and they aren't at all unstable unless they have *a lot* of weight at the top. On the PP the weight will be fairly evenly distributed, as you can see the modules are evenly distributed across the height. You could probably drive into a PP with a truck at 10 mph and it would still be standing. The biggest issue with instability would be the ground/floor caving in under it, and there's no way ballast would help with that. Also, the PP1 will be more stable than the PP2, as it is wider, so if one of the versions needed ballast, it would be the PP2.

I think my guesstimates probably aren't far from the truth:
I agree with everything you said ballast makes no sense at all for any reason.

But for earthquake preparedness, being able to tighten 6-12 bolts would be useful, and the option of using them should probably be provided.

Last edited:
Let's stick to the basics here. If Tesla hits its current production target of 25k cars per Q, then it's a $10 billion revenue business per year on just 2 models, which by the way, won't be its best selling model once 3 comes out. Tesla just needs to keep up the good work and the market should follow. I am very content with their latest purchase of Grohmann Engineering.

Being in New York, you have NO CLUE what the average, blue-collar workers in small-town Georgia, Alabama, and all the other states that went to Trump are thinking. I live among them.

Apparently being in small town Georgia and Alabama means you have NO CLUE that there are average blue-collar workers here in small town NY who are in fact Trump supporters, just as there are white collar city dwellers who support Trump. I even know college educated Democrats who are concerned about global warming who still voted for Trump because they disliked Clinton that much.

UPDATE: Global Equities Research’s Chowdhry isn’t the only analyst taking a constructive view of Tesla. Baird’s Ben Kallo and Tyler Frank argue that Tesla is “relatively insulated from the effects of a Republican win.”

Exactly

Trump wants to Make America Great Again.

Tesla:
- manufactures here
- is investing in the US
- has the GF
- is spending a lot on R&D
- hiring people to put panels on roofs (SCTY)
- creating better product than cheap Chinese panels (SCTY)
- showing how private enterprise can perform better than gov't entities (SpaceX), etc. etc.

If Tesla continues this path and continues to help Make America Great Again, they will do just fine.

Reactions: gene and traxila
How is that possible? Shorts selling to shorts?

That's part of the explanation, but another part of the explanation is shorts selling at critical times when the SP is high, then buying that same day or the next day when prices are lower and thereby reloading. For example, the topping behavior which I believe took place on Monday at about 193 (when TSLA was trading horizontally) allows these big shorts to buy-to-cover yesterday or today toward the low side of the daily range at a nice profit. They have now reloaded and are looking for another opportunity to sell anytime TSLA looks like it wants to climb higher. As long as they're selling-in at higher prices than they're buying-to-close, they make money and can continue to do so indefinitely.

You also have quite a bit more buying and selling activity with your average short.

I believe the game ends when the big institutional buyers start increasing their Tesla holdings. They have more buying horsepower than the big shorts have selling horsepower.They're no doubt waiting for the SCTY merger date to come and go so that particular question mark is erased. The new question is whether the Trump presidency will discourage their buying of TSLA. Until they hear some word from Trump or a future cabinet member regarding the administration's views of U.S. clean energy companies, there might be a wait and see attitude. Sooner or later, though, if Tesla keeps progressing towards the Model 3 launch with enough money in the bank to make it happen, the buying will return and the games of the shorts will be over for a while.

Note:There are limits to how much control big shorts can wield, especially if they run out of ammo. Big institutional investors entering TSLA buying mode again would do the trick of sending TSLA higher, but that's not the only way to make progress.

Last edited:
Trade group urges Trump to revise auto emissions rules

hahaha, thanks for sharing.

So this part right here really means "Guys, we're ****ed and we can't stop it."
They also said:
weak demand for electric vehicles
Never in my life has there been weak demand for electric vehicles. Most of my life, however, there has been weak supply. That supply got stronger with Tesla, which can't keep up with demand for a half luxury car at luxury price. But soon, they will have an electric vehicle at just over half that price (base vs. base), and that demand will start to be met more.

I've yet to see any weak demand.

Sometimes 2% makes all the difference :)

(Tesla did a survey that showed 98% of owners understand that "Autopilot" means you still have to maintain control of the vehicle at all times)
That means that Tesla should do a better job of educating owners. It should be easy to get the number up to very close to 1000%.

Assuming that there are roughly 100k MS-MX's with AP that means there are roughly 2k owners don't understand. Howw many non owner drivers do you think there are?

Do you personally think it's acceptable that a couple of thousand owners are driving Tesla's around, probably in your neighborhood, and near schools etc. that don't think that they need to be control of the vehicle at all times?

Do you think that's acceptable as an investor?

During all the election news yesterday, the update on the short interest was released.
Short interest had a slight increase in last two weeks of October.

upload_2016-11-10_22-24-17.png

Last edited:
Enough of all this hippie elite nonsense. This is God's will people. God sent Trump to make coal great again!

Trump May ‘Dig’ Coal, But Industry’s Outlook Is Flat at Best

“Donald Trump has the courage, the passion and the commitment to get it done,” said Robert E. Murray, the industry’s most outspoken champion and chief executive officer of Murray Energy Corp.

For now, Murray’s hailing the arrival of President Trump as a “repudiation” of President Obama, the “liberal elitists on Wall Street and in Hollywood” and “radical environmental industries, such as the makers of costly windmills and solar panels.’’

In recent months, Murray joined the Evangelical church. He was dwelling on that change while he was watching the election results in the early morning Wednesday. He was sitting in his Ohio home, he said, reflecting on his family, his workers and Biblical figures.

“God picked the most imperfect people on the planet to carry out his will,” Murray said Wednesday. “If you want to pick an imperfect guy to carry out God’s will, who better than Donald Trump?”

Status
Not open for further replies.