Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 206085

You didn't have to read my mind... all you had to do was look at the chart I've been posting for 3 days... to be helpful btw... and there's a handful of you guys on this board that have no other intention than to shoot down shorts...

now if you can't see what should happen today OR it's the end of this pattern... then I can't help you... but this is the most accurate short term price movement prediction on "your" short term price movement board that I've seen... so, I literally said "pin" to you yesterday:

me: "I'm saying a low drama pin at $198 followed by a big jump in about 4 hours to $203 to $205 would not be a surprise"

and then yesterday afternoon I clarified that I read the chart wrong for the 4 hours timeframe... but I'm not here to hold your hand... go draw this yourself (10 day chart) and think instead of spending your days trying to discredit people that don't agree with you.

As @CALGARYARSENAL asked earlier, are you a long yet (even if it is short term)? The technicals support it, as you've pointed out...;)

• Funny
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
$TSLA is bullish today on twitter. Mark Speigel is reduced to trolling Michelle Obama.

Hahaha, i was just noticing that too. He doesn't have a good FUD theme yet for Q4. In Q3 he was hyperventilating about discounts and plummeting margins due to lack of demand, but no credible sounding FUD theme to hammer yet for Q4 - whining about capex spending reduction just doesn't have the same flair. I do wonder if the initial AP2 release will likely not be any better than AP1 to start so the fudsters are going to scream scam and failure as loud as possible.

As per TMC tradition, we need someone to claim this will be the last day ever for buying under $200.

We've heard that several other days this week when it couldn't even hold $200 to the close.
I'll do it.

This is the last day we see sub $200 for TSLA (until they do stock split or something).

But seriously, except some intra-day dips, I do think in the mid term TSLA will be on the rise. Technical and fundamental are both in good shape now.

Technically, it stayed above 50 MA for several days and more importantly, breached a long descending resistance formed since April 7 near 270, Aug 1 near 236, and Oct 27 near 214. This descending resistance would be around 201-202 this week and we've seen TSLA poking it everyday since Tuesday. Today it is firmly breached with a close above. RSI is staying above 50 for two weeks, something hasn't happened since July. Also a nice 180 double bottom is confirmed.

Fundamentally, Elon getting into advisory group of Trump's takes out a lot of potential political risk some may have for the stock. The ~12m shares who were against the merger as of the record date back in late Sep should have finished selling their shares now. There's very few discount (if at all, I'm not keeping a close eye on this) going on this Q, combined with more P100D and AP2.0 and increasing production efficiency, gross margin should be substantially higher than last Q. TE should also be seeing visible contribution as some of the big contracts are materializing and GF producing 2170 (supposed to be happening around now, but I haven't heard of any news directly indicating this).

Hahaha, i was just noticing that too. He doesn't have a good FUD theme yet for Q4. In Q3 he was hyperventilating about discounts and plummeting margins due to lack of demand, but no credible sounding FUD theme to hammer yet for Q4 - whining about capex spending reduction just doesn't have the same flair. I do wonder if the initial AP2 release will likely not be any better than AP1 to start so the fudsters are going to scream scam and failure as loud as possible.
Yes, not burning cash fast enough would be an ironic rant.

It's hard to beat that:
In the state of Georgia "nearly a million prisoners are now making office furniture, working in call centers, fabricating body armor, taking hotel reservations, working in slaughterhouses, or manufacturing textiles, shoes, and clothing, while getting paid somewhere between 93 cents and $4.73 per day,"

Lower healthcare in China dwarfs the rest.

Reactions: neroden
Technically, it stayed above 50 MA for several days and more importantly, breached a long descending resistance formed since April 7 near 270, Aug 1 near 236, and Oct 27 near 214. This descending resistance would be around 201-202 this week and we've seen TSLA poking it everyday since Tuesday. Today it is firmly breached with a close above.

Screenshot 2016-12-16 15.41.30.png

I thought his posts were straightforward and clear in that he expected the price to stay where it was at the time (happened to be 198) for a certain length of time then pop up about 2% and that if it fell significantly below the steady price (again 198 even if he didn't type the numbers 1 9 8 ) that he would consider the pattern broken. It's not that hard ffs.

You and a few other posters are letting your dislike of him cloud your ability to read simple English. F-ing stop it already, you are detailing the thread out of subconscious spite and some of us are trying to make money. Get over yourselves this isn't middle school.

Are you arguing with someone here? I don't see anything but your (obvious) explanation...

Yeh, this line. Thanks for posting it.

Now we need to look out for the possibility of this being a false breakout, like the one happened in July. Fundamentals back then were less clear (Just announced merger, X production not up to speed). Things are better now I think.

I think so too. The only thing that would've made this break more convincing to me would be about double the trading volume.

But I'm not really trading it - just watching.

Mike

Reactions: GoTslaGo
I think solar cells are like computer chips. It might be cheaper to make a 386 or pentium chip, but it would not make economic sense to build a pc with one. Panasonic's solar cell tech is claimed to be about 23% effective, same as Solar City. Installing 15% effective cells increases installation costs by at least 50%, so any savings would be lost. You post a lot of good stuff, but I think you are off track on this meme.

So the only thing keeping Chinese manufactures from flooding the world with cheap 23% efficiency cells is patents and intellectual property laws?

That has never stopped Chinese manufacturing before.

If Panasonic standard efficiency panels made in Malaysia are uneconomic to install then so should Chinese made standard efficiency panels.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: dc_h
Status
Not open for further replies.