Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE is melting. You hear it crackle and fall off into the ocean just like the polar ice caps. Lost in a sea of irrelevance where majestic whales make sport of abandoned rigs. These things rise. These things come up for air. These things open to the sky and say I am here. Why do you look for your energy in the ground? The wind has always blown against the waves, sun and rain have always nourished every living thing. Floods will come, but we seek higher ground. We go where ICE cannot take us. So we let it fall.

V curious to see how today unfolds. First hour may be turbulent, but after that I could picture a serious short squeeze taking hold, further fueled by armies of new longs, and excited analysts. If it breaks through $250 on the up, there's a scenario it goes all the way to $270 by end of day? Any predictions?

V curious to see how today unfolds. First hour may be turbulent, but after that I could picture a serious short squeeze taking hold, further fueled by armies of new longs, and excited analysts. If it breaks through $250 on the up, there's a scenario it goes all the way to $270 by end of day? Any predictions?

RO, I like your PT for today better than mine. I would be happy with the following scenario: $250 today, margin calls going out over weekend, announce 16K+ deliveries Monday, followed by real short squeeze to $270

This is in fact exactly what Audi did with the R8-etron after the Model S was presented.

There's always a risk of over-bullishness on a forum like this but I really do think and believe that there are going to be some board meetings in the next few weeks in the offices of big auto makers world wide where the atmosphere is one of beginning panic. We will see the result of this play out during 2016, with restructuring, announcements of new "Tesla Killers" and I wouldn't rule out "budding off" of new EV brand/divisions.

That makes a lot of sense. No way can sales, engineering, marketing work in one shop when ev is competing with ice!

I am cautious but not ready to declare the uptrend has ended. Still holding core shares and about 30 call spreads. I am looking for a couple huge volume up days to mark capitulation of the shorts before I will consider lightening up. During the downtrend to $150, it took several 7M+ shares up days to arrest the downtrend.

Not selling a single share, I will keep adding to my holdings until I see a few $12M+ shares days where TSLA goes up $20+ every single day. No mercy until capitulation.

guess you all want to see today's ANR screen shot, no? ;)....yes, we are still roughly $50 below AH PT level but there's a great potential to achive the same level short to medium term.,..enjoy!

Attachments

• TSLA ANR 160401.gif
    TSLA ANR 160401.gif
    49.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Informative
Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Regardless of the volatility, TSLA is heading toward $500. Then $5000 by 2025. Those who sell whenever it's up a few points will eventually miss the big profit. That's why I never sell my long-term holdings. For trading portion, I use lots of things to decide my move. Technical is an important part.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Status
Not open for further replies.