Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do seem to call for "can we move on" quite often.

I'm posturing for a moderator position - obviously.

Perhaps you feel only things that are interesting to you should be interesting to others too? Just saying

Personally, I don't care what we talk about in any forum thread and particular in regards to the title of the forum threads. So, there goes that theory. I'd tell you what I really think in regards to the whole jesse banning, but that would be against forum rules. As it is, we're not suppose to be talking about that in this thread - so, can we move on?

Reason I'm commenting is that I felt attacked - perhaps just my perception

Agreed, it's your perception.

As we approach March 31st, how many short term investors are considering putting down a deposit on Model 3 to help the stock price? $1000 could easily be recouped with a strong turnout.

I'm putting down a deposit not to help the stock price but because I want a PxxD M3 to go with the Model S. Assuming it's not a weirdmobile or looks like a Bolt, anyway.

It's really simply, he needs to play by the forum rules regardless of what he or you or anyone else thinks about them. If he can't play nice, he's going to get banned. Can we move on?

No, we can't. Moderators here are extremely restrictive and their "nanny-statism" is overbearing and actually REDUCES traffic to the site.

Both party's have strongly held positions were argued at length and with passion; the mods don't seem to get the intrinsic value of aggressively stated positions and for that we all lose--the site views drop, the members lose valued insights, and the two parties cannot participate.

A pity, but perhaps the mods will see the error of their ways?

As we approach March 31st, how many short term investors are considering putting down a deposit on Model 3 to help the stock price? $1000 could easily be recouped with a strong turnout.

I'm reserving two, most likely in person, and it has nothing to do with stock price. I dream of them doing the model 3 as a wagon, solves the head space issue in the back seat and gives more room. We had a 3 series BMW wagon for years and sold it, regretted it since.

I will be at the dealer on the 31st to put down my deposit. I'm doing that because I want the car ASAP. The stock price will take care of itself.

Today my Model X starts getting built (or at least I can no longer make configuration changes to it). Looking forward to getting that puppy.

I assume I will sell my Model S when I get delivery of my Model 3. Perhaps I'll put it up for bid to my compatriots here on the short term thread.:smile:

No, we can't. Moderators here are extremely restrictive and their "nanny-statism" is overbearing and actually REDUCES traffic to the site.

Both party's have strongly held positions were argued at length and with passion; the mods don't seem to get the intrinsic value of aggressively stated positions and for that we all lose--the site views drop, the members lose valued insights, and the two parties cannot participate.

A pity, but perhaps the mods will see the error of their ways?

They were debating a board game for an entire day in a short-term stock price movement thread. Good riddance.

Dont worry it'll likely bounce tomorrow, oil is up 2%. If you rely on other people for your investment strategy, chances are, you'll go negative. The market moves up and down without any logic sometimes. People here spill out fancy terminologies and graphs, but in the end, no one really knows what tomorrow will bring. Otherwise, they wouldn't be here. If you believe Jesse will save your portfolio, you can PM him directly. I enjoy reading Jesse's posts, but no one influences my strategy anymore. Buy long and you won't have to worry.

Well, there goes that theory, it seems he can't receive PM while being banned.
Just great

And no one knows what is going to happen, but what Jesse brings are potential options - if this or that happen, likely follow is this or that... And I know quite a bit about technical analysis myself, but I'm light years behind on understanding and some of the interpretations I've seen him do.

What I'd like to know here is what will be likely sign that we've broken up this 205-210 resistance for sure, and what is likely sign it's a false breakout and we need to recuperate? I know we're going up long term. But, being in set of options that I am in, I've decided I can't afford any more recuperation time, so if that's happening, I'll need to restructure position.

Last edited:
If you don't already know and understand what it is Jesse is explaining all the time, how do you know he isn't completely full of it? There are buildings full of people on Sundays that believe what the guy up on the podium is selling too, I call them sheep. Julian, in most cases, writes in a way that makes you believe he is highly intelligent (which I'm not questioning) but I form my own investing thesis. Same thing goes for all the shorts and bears that want to come in here and shout the company and the stock down endlessly yet you and some other's seem to find value in that. I've summed it up multiple times, their position is that Tesla is run by a bunch of idiots and Elon is a flat out liar. Do you believe either of those two conclusions to be true? If not, no need to listen to anything they say because they have nothing else to stand on. If you disagree, please show me something they have said that doesn't need the above to be true in order for it to be right?

edit - this was in response to Zhelco

Posche seems to be starting to feel the hurt of having to invest in EV, while loosing market share.

Porsche Earnings Set to Shift to Lower Gear - NASDAQ.com

From the article
"and possibly sluggish global luxury-car demand after record earnings in 2015".

Tesla sales seems to disagree with that statement :)

I outlined this exact thing in an article I wrote under the "Innovators Dilemma" section. I'm willing to bet 2016 is going to be the first year where this phenomenon starts to fully take hold and recognize by the street.

http://www.degeneratestalk.com/posts/2015/12/9/tesla-motors-americas-next-behemoth

If you don't already know and understand what it is Jesse is explaining all the time, how do you know he isn't completely full of it?... Do you believe either of those two conclusions to be true? If not, no need to listen to anything they say because they have nothing else to stand on. If you disagree, please show me something they have said that doesn't need the above to be true in order for it to be right?

edit - this was in response to Zhelco

Dude, do you even read what I say before jumping in? I don't doubt long term, of course it's going up, how's that relevant in the world of volatility influencing option pricing and my need to manage risk in the next two weeks?

I know fair bit, more than enough to know that Jesse is much better than I am at judging technical levels. If you're really interested to understand what it is I was saying, I'm quite sure you can get it by reading history of my posts - I'm not going to spend more time answering to anything like this.
Honestly, this level of discourse is more akin to stocktwits, not this forum... (and you misspelled my name)

Well, there goes that theory, it seems he can't receive PM while being banned.
Just great

And no one knows what is going to happen, but what Jesse brings are potential options - if this or that happen, likely follow is this or that... And I know quite a bit about technical analysis myself, but I'm light years behind on understanding and some of the interpretations I've seen him do.

What I'd like to know here is what will be likely sign that we've broken up this 205-210 resistance for sure, and what is likely sign it's a false breakout and we need to recuperate? I know we're going up long term. But, being in set of options that I am in, I've decided I can't afford any more recuperation time, so if that's happening, I'll need to restructure position.

+1, It's not a short vs. long comparison between Julian and Jesse, because they're both Tesla supporters. Jesse simply invests like some of us do with a batch of tradeable funds. And the clarity he brings to his views helps us better understand the market psychology in ways that we'd never think of on our own.

I will make my own decisions of course, but making decisions without insight/advice provided by those who can see more clearly than ourselves approaches blind guessing. Julians comments I can do without on the short-term thread, because he provides no insight into the volatility (IMHO).

Status
Not open for further replies.