Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're still expecting a Gigafactory launch party in April, are we? Has anyone heard if people who won invites through the referral program have been given a date yet?

While the inauguration party itself is going to be mainly fluffy I wouldn't discount the possibility of Tesla making some significant announcement regarding plans for expansion if the factory, or increased production goals.

Good job Consumer Reports, taking one owners story and making blanket messages and using the headlines for clickbait. For those who were waiting to buy in. Congrats. lol

I feel the title accurately reflects reality. The Model Xs delivered so far do indeed suffer from quality issues. There is this owner's story but many comparable stories are easily found on this forum too. And that's without mentioning the recall which is not indicative of a rocksolid build either. It's totally in line of Tesla's philosophy of continuous refinement. Small changes everyday until your product is stable. But before that, build issues will show up and the article is right in reflecting that reality.

image.jpeg
Model X is the best car ever made, I've had it for three weeks with zero issues. I'm still amazed every day about how good this car is, and how well it's built.

I feel the title accurately reflects reality. The Model Xs delivered so far do indeed suffer from quality issues. There is this owner's story but many comparable stories are easily found on this forum too. And that's without mentioning the recall which is not indicative of a rocksolid build either. It's totally in line of Tesla's philosophy of continuous refinement. Small changes everyday until your product is stable. But before that, build issues will show up and the article is right in reflecting that reality.

Yes, because the forums and this one owner are representative of all. The Model S also had a recall on a bolt for the rear seat when it was introduced and it didn't get anywhere near this level of attention.

Granted, it's not a huge swing percentage wise today-- we're feeling the brunt of overall index move down and a risk off day as evidenced by Netflix today. This CR article just adds to it preventing recovery.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
View attachment 172958 Model X is the best car ever made, I've had it for three weeks with zero issues. I'm still amazed every day about how good this car is, and how well it's built.

That looks amazing. We should write an article saying Model X doesn't experience issues contrary to what is reported. Same logic and methodology. Let's take one and apply it to all.

Reactions: Drax7

What other auto maker is judged upon the first few hundred units off the line? I don't know this for a fact, but I imagine the answer is "very few to none".

So we're still expecting a Gigafactory launch party in April, are we? Has anyone heard if people who won invites through the referral program have been given a date yet?

While the inauguration party itself is going to be mainly fluffy I wouldn't discount the possibility of Tesla making some significant announcement regarding plans for expansion if the factory, or increased production goals.

Just a data point regarding Gigafactory grand opening... TMC's famous Norwegian Tesla owner Bjorn Nyland, who'd been invited to attend the Gigafactory grand opening, mentioned on Facebook that he and his wife, who were touring around the western US in a borrowed Model X, were flying home to Norway this week because the Gigafactory grand opening had been delayed. He mentioned he would be coming back to the US later for the event. Suggests it's not gonna be happening in April.......

That looks amazing. We should write an article saying Model X doesn't experience issues contrary to what is reported. Same logic and methodology. Let's take one and apply it to all.

For any product, buyers tend to publish complaints, and remain quiet if satisfied since that was their expectation. When I worked in TV news there was an analogous situation. Viewers wondered why we seemed to cover more bad news than good news. Good news is essentially that everything went as planned, and that's boring. Negative deviations from expectations draw viewer interest.

View attachment 172958 Model X is the best car ever made, I've had it for three weeks with zero issues. I'm still amazed every day about how good this car is, and how well it's built.
Model X has some basic facts: Safety; Autopilot; Acceleration; Handling. It's a car that has no rival on today's market. Also I saw many owner's feedback like this one. This CR hit piece is carefully disguised as a fair review. Just my two cents.

Just a data point regarding Gigafactory grand opening... TMC's famous Norwegian Tesla owner Bjorn Nyland, who'd been invited to attend the Gigafactory grand opening, mentioned on Facebook that he and his wife, who were touring around the western US in a borrowed Model X, were flying home to Norway this week because the Gigafactory grand opening had been delayed. He mentioned he would be coming back to the US later for the event. Suggests it's not gonna be happening in April.......

Guys: The GFParty had the timing changed some time ago. It went from 'April' to the 'first half of the year' at least a few weeks, if not months, ago. if it were still late April invites would already have gone out.

Sorry, I thought this had been reported on this thread some time ago. I will try to dig up an email about it and post it.

• Informative
Reactions: Johan
Status
Not open for further replies.