Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stock is a in a down spinning last five days. Doesn't look good to me.

I've been looking for a buying opportunity for the last 5 days. It looks like it won't go under 223 for more than a few minutes. 223 is probably a safe line for now.

I got fed up and bought at 223.

That said, watch it hit 221 tomorrow.

Here's an article regarding Americans purchasing preference:

Why Americans reject build-to-order cars

Regarding 'D', we may be in fact demand limited at the current run rate. My point is that 3 years ago we were watching the Tesla website like hawks, trying to get a handle on whether the S was a fad or in fact something real. It's now obvious that it's real. There will of course be times in the future where Tesla will have to discount vehicles in anticipation of the next Big Thing....but as an investor, there's a huge difference between an Osborne effect, and the lack of demand for, say, Fiskers.

The important thing about the article is the fact that current manufacturers have been trying for years to get to the "30 day car" and here we see Tesla doing it inside of of 3 years.

Fire Away!:cool:

I've been looking for a buying opportunity for the last 5 days. It looks like it won't go under 223 for more than a few minutes. 223 is probably a safe line for now.

I got fed up and bought at 223.

That said, watch it hit 221 tomorrow.
I said you have to notify all of us BEFORE you trade, so that we can run or jump first. Now the SP closes at 222.93. How will you compensate us?

That bullish SA article regarding the batteries is interesting.

I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment that Tesla needs to reach 385Wh/kg to compete with ICE, necessarily, but he does make some interestingly compelling arguments that unannounced advances in chemistry may be responsible for the software limited 60, since a 75kWh car and a classic60 have very similar curb weights. Also makes sense that it is desirable that P100D is achieved without increasing voltage(means new hardware) or charge times(exacerbates the congestion problems) at a supercharger. If you don't change the peak charging voltage, and you don't add time, then the only other option is to charge fewer series cells, to a higher voltage per cell. It makes mathematical sense.

Take those increases in technology and stick them in the much slipperier and lighter Model 3, and the top end Model 3 numbers could start to look really ridiculous. Tesla has been on record saying that S/X will continue to be the technology pioneers, but that they wouldn't hold back technology from Model 3 to maintain the S/X's position as the flagship.

Start building S/X with 21-70 new tech batteries though, and maybe a 400+ mi S is possible?

Reactions: Intl Professor
Please stop sharing your own assumptions, then stating I'm incorrect based on those assumptions!

I believe that <snip>

Hey, this is all about sharing our own assumptions and beliefs.
I believe that your belief is wrong, and rallykeeper is right, so there... And this comes from knowing how risk mgmt. works.

Would it be more appropriate to express myself through dislike of your post next time? It's a serious question, I feel I'm wasting everyone else's time answering this. After all, both opinions have been already stated...

About SolarCity acquisition, we heard that a few institutional investors are in support of the deal. Is it safe to assume that deal will go through? Are there any reasons why the deal may fall off?

Given the strong reputation of the law firms Tesla and SolarCity hired for this deal, I don't foresee regulatory/ anti-competitive hurdles. Any deal failure is likely for economic reasons alone.

That bullish SA article regarding the batteries is interesting.

I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment that Tesla needs to reach 385Wh/kg to compete with ICE, necessarily, but he does make some interestingly compelling arguments that unannounced advances in chemistry may be responsible for the software limited 60, since a 75kWh car and a classic60 have very similar curb weights. Also makes sense that it is desirable that P100D is achieved without increasing voltage(means new hardware) or charge times(exacerbates the congestion problems) at a supercharger. If you don't change the peak charging voltage, and you don't add time, then the only other option is to charge fewer series cells, to a higher voltage per cell. It makes mathematical sense.

Take those increases in technology and stick them in the much slipperier and lighter Model 3, and the top end Model 3 numbers could start to look really ridiculous. Tesla has been on record saying that S/X will continue to be the technology pioneers, but that they wouldn't hold back technology from Model 3 to maintain the S/X's position as the flagship.

Start building S/X with 21-70 new tech batteries though, and maybe a 400+ mi S is possible?
I don't see why new hardware would be needed for a very small increase in cell voltage. It might go up a few percent, but the hardware should already be able to handle cell voltages of 5V or more.

I believe that the large institutions are trying to avoid large merger related call-backs because of the facts that they don't want to bankrupt or seriously harm their short customers, if for no other reason than doing that would look awful. ...
1. They can purchase shares, which they have been doing.

Unfortunately, we really don't know whether Fidelity has been purchasing shares since the merger announcement in order to avoid callbacks or to increase its position.

Merger was announced on June 21.

It appears from publicly available data that most of Fidelity's 2Q increase occurred in the first 2 months. Overall during 2Q, Fidelity Contrafund increased its position by 1.1 million shares (or 24%). However, between May 31 and June 30, Fidelity Contrafund increased its position by only 116,000 shares (or 2%). Source: Bloomberg.

We do not have any July 31 holdings data yet so we can't really see what they've been doing since.

Status
Not open for further replies.