Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fear is (and I admit I know very little about MBLY the company) that if Tesla shows that radar based assisted navigation is superior to the camera based solution that MobilEye currently offers and MobilEye has nothing else to offer that someone else might come along and scoop up (some of) MBLYs market share with a radar based solution.

Maybe MBLY is quick on their feet and can adapt quickly with no negative effects. After all, this is all software and programming since what Tesla is doing is utilizing the same hardware.
1. Mbly has no solution or direction path to deal with blinding sunlight, fog rain or snow
2. Mbly claim that it dumped tesla for safety concerns does not ring true. Tesla version of Mbly demanding they stop their own camera development does. Look at Mbly conference call. They could not sing tesla praise loud enough then less than 3 months later claim tesla unsafe. Also look at how quickly new system of tesla is coming out. If you can develop own system in less than 3 months what does that say about long term viability of Mbly

I'm not sure what to call it with SCTY'S management. Fraud's probably too strong a word. But time will tell and I could be completely wrong on this matter. Perhaps the politically correct wording would be SCTY'S management was not "forthcoming" with their problems. I was just surprised to find out a lot of SCTY's issues in their filing, like their difficulty to raise funds, the management shopping the company to multiple parties even before TSLA's offer, etc. In their earnings calls management is almost always "rosy" about the future (ie, them claiming they'll grow fine even without ITC because they're reducing costs but only later to find out they're not making much headway or IMO would be even in a worse situation if ITC want extended, or them earlier in the year claiming to be cash flow positive in Q4 and then conveniently not mentioning it since). Every person has their choice whether to deem a management team trustworthy/forthcoming or not. Over time, I've made my conclusion. Again I can be wrong and it's just my personal, subjective thoughts.

The right word is "deceptive"

Pretty well-balanced article on what the Bolt is and isn't by Tom Randall over at Bloomberg. Worth the read.

Elon Musk Wanted a Race. Now He Has One

From the article:

"Musk isn't likely to let GM's range victory stand unchallenged."

There's little reason for Tesla to go past ~220-240 (less in sunny states) range because of supercharger network. Therefore, Tesla is not in the range race to begin with. I think it was Bolt racing with itself and thankfully customers won (well not yet since we don't know how many will be sold).

Speaking of range, author neglects to point out that Bolt has less highway range than Model 3. We also don't know Bolt's battery degradation or winter range.

Last edited:
It's not because they want to sell that they will sell. Of all the parties developing autonomous driving stuff, I'm most sceptical of comma.ai. As an engineer, I find it very difficult to believe that such a product can be developed with the mindset of a hacker, and certainly not in a few months.
If you look at Hotzs talk at TC recently, he clearly stated that it's a team effort and a year long project. His approach is similar to Musks. He thinks by the end of next year, his solution will cover 90% of time spent in car. All he is saying is that it is a data driven approach and a software solution.

With 10 more trading days left in this quarter I'm closely watching the quarterly candle on TSLA. So far so good , still an inverted hammer with 13 quarter EMA support right at $196.64
If we close the quarter similar or better then I would be totally thrilled
So in my book all TSLA has to do is simply hang around $199 to $200 price area for the next 10 days
If it does better, I'd be thrilled otherwise I think we are totally fine with the stock trading around $199 to $200 area for the next 2 weeks

IB has zero $TSLA shares available to short at the moment. Fee Rate is up to 18.13%.

Screenshot 2016-09-16 08.44.48.png

With 10 more trading days left in this quarter I'm closely watching the quarterly candle on TSLA. So far so good , still an inverted hammer with 13 quarter EMA support right at $196.64
If we close the quarter similar or better then I would be totally thrilled
So in my book all TSLA has to do is simply hang around $199 to $200 price area for the next 10 days
If it does better, I'd be thrilled otherwise I think we are totally fine with the stock trading around $199 to $200 area for the next 2 weeks
From your chart what price do you think it will reach after the q3 results are released ? If it hangs around 200 then I thought we will not see the previous highs of 220-230

Mobileye. Stop. Remove foot from mouth.

Mobileye Responds To False Allegations

Or don't, cause the more you say, the more you hurt your reputation.

I can't see mobileye's logic here. The guy blamed tesla for advertising autopilot as self-driving which Tesla denied. They now blamed Tesla made it hands-free ... Why don't they respond to Tesla's saying they became nasty once knowing Tesla is creating a vision component to replace theirs? They downplayed it and pretended to be something they don't mind much, behaving just like a whore claiming I am so innocent!

I can't see mobileye's logic here. The guy blamed tesla for advertising autopilot as self-driving which Tesla denied. They now blamed Tesla made it hands-free ... Why don't they respond to Tesla's saying they became nasty once knowing Tesla is creating a vision component to replace theirs? They downplayed it and pretended to be something they don't mind much, behaving just like a whore claiming I am so innocent!

The obvious answer is that they have nothing to say on this because Tesla's version is the truth (and perhaps Tesla has these demands from Mobileye in writing). I have to say it is just plain stupid to pick a fight that can't be won.

Status
Not open for further replies.