Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark my words: Market will rally tomorrow or latest by the end of week. Neither candidate really want topple the apple cart, but used populist rhetoric just to win the election. Sooner the market gets this and comes to sense, it will recover and rally.
Market still didn't get tesla with record quarter, profits now and more coming, pathway to mass production without the aid of outside cash. So market will definitely not get this election news either. Will need months to figure this one out...

Yes, he might do a good job - if he does the exact opposite of everything he has said he'll do.
Problem is, he has shown almost no policy at all, beyond getting on TV all the time. My conclusion: That sums up the total of the man's political ambition, leaving a bigly empty unfilled vacuum. And it worked, he got elected. I shall say no more.

Well, I'm in shock. The polls have never been this wrong in modern American general election politics.

The short term is going to be horrific. This goes far beyond my worst case scenario. Almost certain to revisit the 140s. The scty merger is in serious jeopardy. I'm straight up despondent. I guess I'll have to buy protective puts if the market is even open for trading tomorrow.
I said it so many times with people poking fun at me but a ton of closet trump supports out there. Today is proof.

Yes tomorrow is going to suck but Trump isn't as bad as all the media made it to be. All the FUD of trump is just like all the FUD of Tesla.

Uncertainty is over. I still think it will be a down day tomorrow. But I'm always reminded of Buffett in times like these. Be greedy when others are fearful... For the long-long that is.
um... do you think Warren Buffett meant that at ALL times?... like when a clown hi-jacks the most important position in the world?... I really can't imagine Warren Buffett is sitting there right now going... "oooo... great buying op!"

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: Drax7 and KLC13
I said it so many times with people poking fun at me but a ton of closet trump supports out there. Today is proof.

Yes tomorrow is going to suck but Trump isn't as bad as all the media made it to be. All the FUD of trump is just like all the FUD of Tesla.
he's a clinical narcissist and you are a moron that ate up his ego... we are $*#$ed because of your stupidity.

He can't do any worse than the 4 or 5 before him - they ran up 20 trillion in debt while I country's infrastructure has crumbled, people in the inner cities got MUCH poorer, and incomes went down.

The establishment is out, and someone that has NEVER served in govt before is in. He wasn't my choice, but I like a lot of what he says. I'm willing to give him the same chance I gave Bush and Obama - neither of which ever impressed me very much.

Obviously, this won't be great for Tesla because he will stop the tax credits on EVs (if he can). But hey, Tesla will have almost met the 200k limit while no one else has hardly gotten started. I personally think it would be awesome if it were ended at the end of 2017. Will keep Tesla on even footing with everyone else selling EVs in 2018.

I'm not sure how any tax paying person couldn't be thrilled tonight. My tax burden is unbearable at this point. I'm sure he won't actually cut taxes and/or spending, but at least he didn't openly say he would raise them. Working people pay WAY too much tax in America. And, I hate to say this, most business owner in America, both liberal and conservative, abuse tax laws and pay very little in taxes. A good friend of mine who owns a business (and several houses and sports cars) told me one time that if a small business owner was paying income tax, they needed to change accountants. And, it sure seems to be true. And, those same owners don't like to pay people anything. People talk about corporations, but small business owners rape their employees.

The sky is not falling. People will still buy Tesla cars and Tesla energy products even when the new guy takes office. His being pro-U.S. energy including coal and oil does not mean he is anti-Tesla. His supporters will tell you he is pro-business and there's lots of truth there. Expect an overreaction in the short term and buying opportunities ahead if you have some dry powder. Take a deep breath and start considering on a non-emotional basis:
1) when has the stock bottomed and is a good buy
2) how will the change affect the next 12 months of Tesla?

Lets have some useful discussions on this forum, assessing the future.

I remember conservative friends of mine thinking Obama would destroy America, the same way many on this forum regard Trump at this moment. The reality is that the responsibilities of office and the need to work with Congress significantly temper the changes a new president makes, compared to his rhetoric.

Last edited:
The sky is not falling. People will still buy Tesla cars and Tesla energy products even when the new guy takes office. His being pro-U.S. energy including coal and oil does not mean he is anti-Tesla. His supporters will tell you he is pro-business and there's lots of truth there. Expect an overreaction in the short term and buying opportunities ahead if you have some dry powder. The responsibilities of office and the need to work with Congress have a tempering effect upon presidents. Take a deep breath and start considering on a non-emotional basis:
1) when has the stock bottomed and is a good buy
2) how will the change affect the next 12 months of Tesla?

Lets have some useful discussions on this forum, assessing the future.

I remember conservative friends of mine thinking Obama would destroy America, the same way many on this forum regard Trump at this moment. The reality is that the responsibilities of office and the need to work with Congress significantly temper the changes a new president makes, compared to his rhetoric.
"I remember conservative friends of mine thinking Obama would destroy America"

I must have missed the part where Obama grouped various races into stereotypical categories for things like deportation and said he enjoyed the perks of fame like being able to grab women's #*($ies...

yup... just like Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.