Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the extension of the ITC. My memory was the ITC was extended as a way to gain support for the USA to export oil. Previously, the USA was not allowed to export our own oil. Is it possible to cancel the ITC yet leave oil exports intact? Meaning can 1/2 of the agreement be cancelled?

Right so the ITC extension / allow oil export was a deal struck for bipartisan agreement. But now the Republicans control all of congress and White House. If they choose to revisit the issue no deal will be necessary. They will do what ever they want. They could get rid of ITC credit anytime they choose over the next 2 years at least. In the end, it is just legislation.

• Informative
Reactions: Yuri_G and gene
Right so the ITC extension / allow oil export was a deal struck for bipartisan agreement. But now the Republicans control all of congress and White House. If they choose to revisit the issue no deal will be necessary. They will do what ever they want. They could get rid of ITC credit anytime they choose over the next 2 years at least. In the end, it is just legislation.

Democrats still have a veto in the senate. There are ways around it, like reconciliation, but it isn't trivial or easy to do.

SolarCity - Current Report: "GAAP profit in the third quarter of 2016 was $53 million, and GAAP Earnings per Diluted Share was $0.48." "Non-GAAP Earnings per Share was ($2.27) per share."

Here's a news media interpretation: CNBC: SolarCity results: loss of $2.27 per share vs. expectation of loss of $2.29 a share which befuddles me since I thought the bears liked to say "But what's the GAAP?!".

ThinkorSwim estimate was ($2.349) EPS.

They have a table that I will defer to others to explain, that shows GAAP Net Loss "Attributable to Non-Controlling Interests and Redeemable Non-Controlling Interests" of ($2.77) per share. Is that stuff they spent, will spend, or what?

I compared it to Q2, and in Q2 the GAAP EPS was ($0.56).

They also said in Q3 cash balance increased, and is now a quarter billion, which is $2.57/share.

ThinkorSwim has this one liner: "Solar City Sees Q4 EPS ($2.65)-($2.55) vs. Est. ($2.43)." I guess this has to do with just reporting things currently in the finalized part of the pipeline, but there's a bundle of activity that will happen once merged that blow the next few years out of the water, right? I wonder what effect that has on Q4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.