Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shots of debadged or badge modded Model 3s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I was considering changing up the badges on my Midnight Silver P3D- to make it a little more unique.

I was wondering y’all have shots of your car that you’re particularly proud of (Especially, Midnight Silver Model 3 owners), since I’m have a hard time visualizing the options.

I’ve loosely considered several options, but haven’t been able to find good pictures to help come to come a decision.

Options I’ve considered:

* Removal of T in the back and adding TESLA : Tesla Performance Emblem (Gen 2)

* Add TESLA, and move the Tesla T up a couple inches instead of removing it (is this possible??). I haven’t heard of this being done, but having the letters so close to the T doesn’t look very good from the few examples I’ve seen.

* Add the chrome strip from Evannex, and move the T up a couple inches (have not seen this done, but the regular install has the T too close to the chrome bar): Chrome Trunk Molding Appliqué for the Tesla Model 3

* Add RPMs chrome vinyl strip (it’s vinyl... don’t know how it will actually look in person and whether it will last...): Model 3 Tailgate Applique' Vinyl Strip Accent

As you can probably tell, I think chrome looks good on Midnight Silver.

Anyway, would love to see if people have pics or opinions on these types of mods...

I'm like you, I like "chrome" but in small highlights. This is what I did to my badges, which I love, now that it's not so much. I'm glad I kept them on. :cool: IMG_20190806_092434550.jpg IMG_20190806_092510267.jpg IMG_20190806_103502945.jpgI like being different and haven't seen this before. Just an idea, run with it! :cool:

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
This looks great! did you do this yourself? Did you wrap it or mask the sides and paint it?
I used detail tapes and made my own T's. The edges are from pulling the pieces up and down to get the detailed effects and bringing the loose edges in the center down to hide those shiney edges across the middle of the top T arc.
I form it with blue painters tape oversized then draw the edge in. Then pull the tape off and place on your trim tape and cut with an exacto knife. You can also buy a black out kit online and do the same thing once you've separated the 2 pieces.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it and good luck with yours!

If you have the time look at my project on "Not a big fan of chrome delete.
Chrome minimize".
You described my thought process on your OP. I left the chrome on but reduced the amount showing. To me, the smaller highlights are classy. Full chrome delete is being done by almost everyone...
Vive le differance! :)

Reactions: XLR82XS