Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I be using heat with A/C on or off, and with recirculating on or off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You cannot have both. Energy wise best is to recirculate however in the winter you will be severely fogged up or way too humid/stinky. Personally I prefer fresh air circulation in the confines of a small car. The best method is to use recirculate just to start off and then switch to circulate which most cars are smart enough to do on their own That being said, why not use the auto setting? Has worked on every car I have had. Only time I need to intervene is on colder days when an extra shot of defrost is needed where I simply select the front defrost function.

If over 30f then window crack and heated seat-hvac off. If hot outside set to auto at 72f and if cold outside 66f seem to work well for me. I think rear vents are off by default and the efficiency package was supposed to disable passenger vents if no pressure on seat.

It will use both if it is humid. It will use the heat pump and electric heat if really cold. It’s a pretty sophisticated system. There is a humidistat in the car. Great series on the octovalve and all of its conditions.

Last edited: