Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I Cancel Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, So based on my experience dealing with Tesla, I would wait for getting the new product, Model Y, let them sort out the issues with the car. I had M3, ordered in January 2018, waited for my order to be filled in March, they matched my reservation with a 2017 model, which I in my opinion was not right because I did not get discount to match for an older model. They took full payment on delivery, and had so many issues at the delivery, did not realize that I could have rejected the delivery, they rushed me to sign on car agreement, hand them the cashiers ck for the full payment minus deposit, driver door was misaligned at the delivery, never closed right, and I had to make many trips, and many other issues, that I made many trips that eventually burned me out. Had to get legal action finally got resolved after two years with almost my full price. After that I did buy M3, but this time I bought a fleet from Tesla, and a year old model, yeah it has some issue, but then I did not pay top most price so don't get angry. So moral of story, buy a model that has been around so all the kinks are dealt with.

Tesla is a good company but don't have good customer service, too many employees, don't know who does what, it seems like you dealing with FBI or secret service agency when you try to get direct number to person in charge of issues you would have discussed with.

Watching all the videos and reading all the horror stories is making me consider canceling my Model Y.

Tesla is now asking me to get everything in order, but I'm just not sure.

My biggest concern is that making a service appointment for all the issues I'm hearing about (which Tesla seems to acknowledge are a LOT and too many). I'm about 4 hours away from the nearest service center, and I get conflicting answers is mobile service will come to me.

I really want to get electric, but just not sure. This is an $80,000+ car in Canada which can buy me practically any other car on the market. The decision was set but now I'm getting cold feet.

Yes we picked up our Y yesterday and cannot recommend enough, this is with a M3 already in the house hold. I had a 40 point check list, as was worried too after seeing all the video's, went over it with a fine tooth brush.

I seriously expected a lot of issues, and we bought it planning to most likely return it in the 7 day test drive window.

We did find a few small and weird issues, nothing close to a deal breaker.
The 'Issues' :
Inside:
One coat hook sat about 2 mm not flush.
That's it nothing else inside, spotless and every part worked.

Outside:
Drivers door handle looked like it was sprayed over, with a black semi gloss paint, so weird. - they will replace.
small panel on passenger side is touching, and kinda not flush (again a few mm out) - they'll fix on service.
Worst part was top right Frunk was touching body panel and paint was rubbed off, they can align the frunk and repair the paint, yes this sucks, but almost all panel gaps and the alignment with the plastic lower body trim is all good, I was actually impressed with all the panel gaps.

The Good:
This car looks amazing, we got the Red AWD, and it's stunning, it's huge, I mean if you expect a +10% to Model 3 then think again, it's a big bad dude, looks really really nice and solid, way nicer than in the pictures, and pictures are so deceptive, I took some pictures and many will just think it's a Model 3 looking at pictures, the size is very deceptive.
The car is solid, it looks solid and drives so solid, better than the m3, feels planted, secure, like a rock (that can fly) regen is stronger than M3, it's fast, quiet (quieter than M3) suspension is softer (a bit more bounce than M3) but ride feels planted and really comfortable (we got standard aero wheels, seriously why sacrifice your comfort, and the comfort of your whole family plus lower range just so other people can admire you 20/21" alloy wheels, really pointless, Vanity +1 everything else 0).

We love the car, now trying to figure out how the hell we can keep and pay for it.

Seriously,Tesla will spoil you and you won't want another car type again.

Reactions: Wennfred