Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I do it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
been really thinking about picking up the model 3 Sr+..... I get 5,800 cash rebate in my county here in CA... takes the effective price down to 32k+. and then tax and fees ..

Should I cash out my stocks brokerage account and pay cash for the car or keep riding out the stock market for retirement? I really want the car ... but darn I would like to retire in 25 years ... .. what would y'all do?

the other thing I can do is cash out and pay off my solar panels...

thanks...

been really thinking about picking up the model 3 Sr+..... I get 5,800 cash rebate in my county here in CA... takes the effective price down to 32k+. and then tax and fees ..

Should I cash out my stocks brokerage account and pay cash for the car or keep riding out the stock market for retirement? I really want the car ... but darn I would like to retire in 25 years ... .. what would y'all do?

the other thing I can do is cash out and pay off my solar panels...

thanks...
I’d say it depends on your financing rates / terms. In Canada we are getting very low rates (2.8 % APR) so if your investments have a better return, I’d finance the car instead of putting that cash into an asset that diminishes in value.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White