TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Should there be a Downtown Montreal Supercharger?

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Mr. PlugShare, May 11, 2018.

1. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare For the Love of EVs

After that we found Burlington and Markham Woodside, both unannounced locations, someone stated that Tesla can be so unpredictable, so, seen I was in the area, I decided to go and check out the Eaton Centre to see if maybe, just maybe, there was a Supercharging location coming soon there.

After having asked at the info booth and getting a null response, I decided to check out the parking lot downstairs to check out the FLO chargers. That’s where it became negotiable: the parking lot had only one entrance, thru the food court; the parking lot was dimly lit; some spots were very dirty; and 3/4 of the chargers weren’t working and had dust all over. 0364834B-F137-4392-8E9C-F2DF0400783B.jpeg 545B30DD-30E2-4A6C-860A-39D454E69A9D.jpeg 82B2DFE5-4DB9-4B37-8687-553580E772CD.jpeg So basically, I honestly don’t think that there should be Superchargers here.

Now, if Tesla were to install some Superchargers downtown, where would they be put? I would suggest places like
    • Centre des Sciences de Montréal
    • Complexe Desjardins
    • Place Ville-Marie
    • Somewhere on electric avenue (Rue Saint-Antoine), has Tesla ever done curbside Supercharging?
    Feel free to toss in some other possible locations you might expect.

2. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

I don't think there is a need for a supercharger downtown. Maybe one in the east of town like Anjou to complete the loop. All sector will be covered Brossard, Laval, Mascouche, Pointe Claire, St-Laurent. Destination charger are more interesting in mall parking I think.