Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Show Off Your Aftermarket Model Y Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1679990720404.png

1679990741066.png

Can you share you efficiency numbers?
Too early to tell but just one drive of 50 miles and it was in the 280 range where life of the only 800 some miles on the car was 312, I reset trip B to reflect what the new wheels are getting but there are too many variables to know for sure, speed, terrain, new tires breaking in etc...

This was after the 50 mile trip that I made this, if i remember is was 287 vs. 312 at that time, at around 850 miles? something like that. I will keep this running to see what it looks like in a few more hundred miles.

I can say that this is the only time I have seen under 300 on any trip.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Too early to tell but just one drive of 50 miles and it was in the 280 range where life of the only 800 some miles on the car was 312, I reset trip B to reflect what the new wheels are getting but there are too many variables to know for sure, speed, terrain, new tires breaking in etc...

This was after the 50 mile trip that I made this, if i remember is was 287 vs. 312 at that time, at around 850 miles? something like that. I will keep this running to see what it looks like in a few more hundred miles.

I can say that this is the only time I have seen under 300 on any trip.
Sorry mate, just excited to see if lighter wheels make a difference. I know there is a difference both drive in chill mode my 22MYP - 21 Uberturbines avg commute of my office 76 miles round trip is 275 kWh vs 23 MYLR -19s was 225 kWh.

It s huge gap in kWh.

Reactions: GreenCoffee
Sorry mate, just excited to see if lighter wheels make a difference. I know there is a difference both drive in chill mode my 22MYP - 21 Uberturbines avg commute of my office 76 miles round trip is 275 kWh vs 23 MYLR -19s was 225 kWh.

It s huge gap in kWh.
No problem just trying to give the info but not much to be had as of yet, I am running 275/40/20 though so giving up maybe up to 10% range there?

No problem just trying to give the info but not much to be had as of yet, I am running 275/40/20 though so giving up maybe up to 10% range there?
Did you do some research before going 275s on the 9" wheels? I know they technically fit, but it's really cutting it close, right? Did your tire shop give you any trouble with that setup?

And the load rating on the wheels is like 50lbs lower than the lowest of the three MY OE wheels. No worries there?

I'm considering doing the same setup, but was worried about the tires being too wide and the load rating being a tad low.

Last edited:
I did do my research, this is the widest tire that is recommended to go with on a 9" wheel, I wanted a little sidewall flex and bulge for comfort and wheel protection, Tire store had no problems with it.

Yes the load rating is lower but not by much over the Inductions and I do not tow or track the car so I am comfortable with that load range plus they are forged wheels on a 10,000 lb. press not flow formed. APEX VS-5RS Forged Sprint™ Line Wheels

I really like having the small sidewall bulge and this tire has a rim protector, its approx. 1/4" for the rim protector and another 3/8" in sidewall bulge, I want to give my wheels a fighting chance against a small curb rub, I once got a little upset at my wife for curbing the wheels right after I had a week wait for a PVD black chrome finish and the wheel gods had their way with me in a hurry, I hit 2 spots in a week! uggh!

Having a 4.35" sidewall with a slight bulge is more comfortable and this set up at about 48.5 lbs. mounted is much better and lighter handling than stock plus I am not a fan of the stretched look that the stock rubber has on the 9.5" wheels.

These particular wheels have a 34 offset as well so a slight increase in track width.

I am heading up that way soon to Redwood Motorsports in Freemont to get the Ohlins GT dampers installed and then off to Royal coffee in Oakland to get a fresh bag of green coffee while in the area so if you want a test drive before pulling the trigger hit me up.

I did do my research, this is the widest tire that is recommended to go with on a 9" wheel, I wanted a little sidewall flex and bulge for comfort and wheel protection, Tire store had no problems with it.

Thank you for the information and your very generous offer! I'm still babying and getting used to my recent delivery, so I wouldn't dare drive anybody else's at the moment. I do have a separate question that I DM'd you, if you don't mind.