Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20220209_152550.jpg
20220209_152540.jpg

20" Lexani Wraith (Staggered)

Reactions: Drew-MS and All In
i've been reading how the BMW 5 series(G30) wheels will fit the MS refresh.
I have a set a wheels i had on my old M550I and wondering if they will fit, bellow are the specs
F: 20x9 / 5x112 / +25 / 255/35 tires
R: 20x10 / 5x112 / +30 / 285/30 tires
they won’t fit. The G30 has a diff bolt pattern than MS Refresh. The F10 is 5x120 like the refresh.
Correct, the BMW wheels with a 5x120 bolt pattern from the 5, 6, and 7 series will fit the Model S.
I use the lightweight forged wheels from my BMW M6 for an extra track wheelset when needed. ;)

For sale - I also have an extra set of Tesla/BMW Adaptec wheel spacers to push the wheels out to be flush with the fenders.

1645295260539.jpeg

1645296805130.jpeg

1645296463226.jpeg

I am interested in some 18 advan gt, wondering if they need some special fitment for the model 3 peformance. Like m12 vs m14 bolts, etc… thanks
No special fitment needed, but you do need to get some Hubcentric rings to reduce it down to fit the tesla hub, (73.10mm(Rim) to 64.1mm (M3). The GT lug holes is m14 from the factory so it will fit tesla fine, the wheels 5 spokes is concave enough, i think it will clear the performance brakes..? Mine is just the LR and it have plenty of room around the brake area..

If I were to get wheel adapters(5x120 to 5x112) what is the bore size for the vehicle?
And with the off sets being +25(front) and +30(rear) would i need a spacer to get them flush? and if so how much?
At this point just call a wheel shop and see if you can have them redrilled, and what the better option is between the spacer option and redrilling option.

Just know that whatever option you choose between the two is pretty Mickey Mouse and substandard for a car of this nature.

Just make sure you ask the shop owner if he’s willing to bet his life on the safety of the whatever outcome you end up choosing.

Answering my own question (I think) (photo nabbed from a FS post) .
This appears to be a photo showing Tempest wheels with and without covers, right?
Yes, that is correct so long as you are referring to the new (2021+) Tempest Wheels. If you are talking about the 2020-2021 Long Range + Tempest wheels, they look like this:

EDIT: I guess they are called Cardenio now, so no. Below are the Tempest Wheels without the covers and above are the Cardenio wheels.

OldTempest.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: FlatSix911
Answering my own question (I think) (photo nabbed from a FS post) .

This appears to be a photo showing Tempest wheels with and without covers, right?
View attachment 772905
Yes, although technically these are now called Cardenio rather than Tempest. (I'm not exactly sure what the difference is - I think maybe the Cardenio wheel is different but it's the same Tempest wheel cover on top?)

Reactions: cmarshack
Tesla's build order form for the Model S calls the base wheels "Tempest"...:

Design Your Model S | Tesla
Looks like you are right. So there are two different "Tempest" wheels, with two different styles and two different offsets. In true Tesla style, making it easy on the consumer to swap stuff out.

Looks like you are right. So there are two different "Tempest" wheels, with two different styles and two different offsets. In true Tesla style, making it easy on the consumer to swap stuff out.

LOL

The fender shapes are so different from the pre-refresh to refresh version that this makes sense, actually. I've read multiple posts from people asking about using wheels from one version on the other, but from what I've seen even though the wheels might technically fit, they wouldn't look right on the other version of the car.