Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Amsterdam: BBS CHR 20'', front: 9,0 x 20 et29, tires 255/40/20 back: 10,5 x 20 et 35 tires 285/35/20.
baan 1.jpg
baan 2.jpg

@gnychis:

When I had the car wrapped - the first thing mounted on the car was my company logo (iT-Work.dk). It was cut out in white decals and mounted under the blinkers on the side, and on the back of the car. Then the blue wrap was mounted on top of this, and they finished by mounting the black decals with TESLA cut out.

Before having the car wrapped I spent many hours designing how it should look. Tried out several different colors in Paintshop, and several different layouts of the black application. Also tried with other colors under the black decals (orange looked so cool), but decided to not have to many colors on the car.

Thinking about having a new wrap next spring - Matte Orange or Brushed matte black alu.

If anyone is interested i could have the files from the cutting machine and post them on the forum. Then it is just a question about finding the wrap and have someone to cut it on a machine. Installation is quite simple - clean the body - apply the wrap - cut in the middle of the door openings and along the lower trim. Then just fix around the corners and carefully heat the corners.

You have by far my favorite looking Tesla.

Was the "TESLA" black stripe across the bottom of the car put on after wrapping it?

Before having the car wrapped I spent many hours designing how it should look. Tried out several different colors in Paintshop, and several different layouts of the black application. Also tried with other colors under the black decals (orange looked so cool), but decided to not have to many colors on the car.

Thinking about having a new wrap next spring - Matte Orange or Brushed matte black alu.

@kseitzberg: how do you feel about the de-chromed look? ... obviously I'm a fan, so it's a biased opinion, but I think it would look great with your color combo ... here's what I did to mine:

side.JPG
mirror.JPG
back T.JPG

philhill, The BBS CHR look awesome! Did you have to roll the fenders to get the 10.5in and 285s to fit in the back?

- - - Updated - - -

ibxspeedracer, what are the offsets on your wheels? I'm trying to figure out what offsets are needed to fit 10 and 11 in wide wheels. Thanks.

That looks real good! I've been searching for the grey 21s but at the price they are going for used, I've been contemplating going aftermarket since it'll be cheaper and I like how those look. Which shop did you get them from

- - - Updated - - -

+1, same here

Did you have to roll the fenders to get the 10.5in and 285s to fit in the back?

I have the same set-up ... 255/40/20 X 9 in front, and 285/35/20 X 10.5 in back ... (I think the offset is 25, but I'm not sure ... have to look up my paperwork) ... there's plenty of room in back, but the fronts are just a little too wide and rub slightly, but only in reverse and only at near-full lock ... 245s would be ideal, but I got the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and they don't come in that size

wheel.JPG

Last edited:
philhill, The BBS CHR look awesome! Did you have to roll the fenders to get the 10.5in and 285s to fit in the back?

- - - Updated - - -

ibxspeedracer, what are the offsets on your wheels? I'm trying to figure out what offsets are needed to fit 10 and 11 in wide wheels. Thanks.

Thanks! these are the specs: BBS CHR 20'', front: 9,0 x 20 et29, tires 255/40/20 back: 10,5 x 20 et 35 tires 285/35/20 No spacers or anytning needed fits perfect. front rub a small bit at a certain angle while backing up but is minor. Bought them at baanvelgen.com, they also ship to the usa. Price inc Michelin super sport tires, installation and 21% VAT was € 2.900,-

@flodrab:

Also very cool!! Really cool.

Will have my mirrors wrapped in CF during the summer, but leave the chrome. Perhaps also put CF wrap on the applicationbar on the trunk.

If and when artsci will have a working "lighted" application bar and lighted rear T i will have these installed. Have seen the prototype and cant wait..

/Ken

@kseitzberg: how do you feel about the de-chromed look? ... obviously I'm a fan, so it's a biased opinion, but I think it would look great with your color combo ... here's what I did to mine:

View attachment 51019View attachment 51020View attachment 51021

Will have my mirrors wrapped in CF during the summer, but leave the chrome. Perhaps also put CF wrap on the applicationbar on the trunk.

If and when artsci will have a working "lighted" application bar and lighted rear T i will have these installed.

I've gotten a lot of compliments about the CF mirror bodies ... also did the skinny upper part of the nosecone and the rear diffuser in CF ... (coincidently, the full-scale model of the Model X they have on display in the lobby of the Hawthorne Design Center has CF on the upper part of the nosecone) ... struggled with how best to do the nosecone, and ultimately went with a "4 color look" of mostly body color (matte gunmetal), matte black trim, CF insert, and a red "T" ... my car came with the red brake calipers, so I wanted to continue that color scheme a little, and also wanted it so when people look in their rear-view mirror and see me coming up hard behind them, they know it's a Tesla ... I definitely like the rear lighted T in red, and will get that ... and if the front is available in red, I might do that, too

Last edited by a moderator:
Winter wheels: Vellano VM07, same finish. 8.5x19 ET30 with 245/45 all around. Michelin X-Ice Xi3.
DSC_3899_zps2c66cc2a.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very Nice! Could you publish some more pics of your winter setup above? Side, corners, etc and any other details (part number for wheels?). Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful car.

Pearl White P85 with ADV1 22's

Pearl White P85 with ADV1 22's

Attachments

• D96A0718.jpg
    D96A0718.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 3,433
  • D96A0696.jpg
    D96A0696.jpg
    632.8 KB · Views: 3,061
  • D96A0692.jpg
    D96A0692.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 2,962