Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Mirrors Loose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears to be "normal" but the glass on the side mirrors look to be protruding outwards with a wide gap
EDDF8CAC-44D0-4A1D-824B-B0B314186939.JPG
. Anyone else see this on theirs? I imagine a ton of water gets through during rain or a car wash and I can see wires inside. Hopefully it is safe.

Not sure exactly what you're pointing out here, but gaps are typical of side mirrors. They need to be able to rotate in multiple directions, and depending on how exactly yours are set they may look more or less flush with the housing. They do just snap in though, so I suppose it's possible yours aren't snapped in all the way.

In either case, they're not intended to be sealed around the edges. The internal connectors are designed for contact with water, so no need to worry about that.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
This is reassuring. Thank you!

Not sure exactly what you're pointing out here, but gaps are typical of side mirrors. They need to be able to rotate in multiple directions, and depending on how exactly yours are set they may look more or less flush with the housing. They do just snap in though, so I suppose it's possible yours aren't snapped in all the way.

In either case, they're not intended to be sealed around the edges. The internal connectors are designed for contact with water, so no need to worry about that.