Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side skirt clips - how do they fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I managed to clip the rear side of my side skirt on the way out of a car park earlier today and some of the clips have popped out. I'd like to give it a whack back into place but I'm not sure which way they should line up. Does anyone know if the clips visible here should go above or below the lips opposite them? I'm guessing they go above.

Some nice scrapes in the paint along the bottom of the side skirt apart from that! I'll get that sorted soon but I'd like to pop this back in for now. Thanks!

Panel unclipped 2.jpg

HOLY COW - I have the exact same issue.. I've been gently pushing and prodding the skirt to get it to pop back in. No Dice!
Can you tell me a little more about how you managed this? Do those open square holes in the picture go UNDER those metallic looking tabs that are resting just above? So you ...pulled..rotated the skirt forward a little..and then pushed??
How odd that we both had the same thing happen at nearly the same time..

HOLY COW - I have the exact same issue.. I've been gently pushing and prodding the skirt to get it to pop back in. No Dice!
Can you tell me a little more about how you managed this? Do those open square holes in the picture go UNDER those metallic looking tabs that are resting just above? So you ...pulled..rotated the skirt forward a little..and then pushed??
How odd that we both had the same thing happen at nearly the same time..

Yes, I had to pull the skirt out from the right side to get enough slack to force the the clip on the left to go underneath the metallic tab. Once they were all aligned that way, it didn't take much force to click them all back into place.

Unfortunately the paint damage along most of the panel will cost just under £200 to fix! Quite annoying as it happened exiting a multistorey car park from the roof, and I only went up there because the only free Tesla spot down below had no power on the charger. Expensive mistake but I'm lucky the panels aren't dented to be honest.

Thanks for the additional description! It helped, and I managed to pop the skirt back in. KNOWING that the metal tabs go above the square holes made the difference :) With that confidence, I was able to use a few screwdrivers to hold the metal clips up while I slowly pushed the square holed portion below. Once they were all resting under the tabs, I pulled the screwdrivers and (as you stated) was easily able to pop the skirt back into position.
Thanks again!

PS - I have a nice scrape on the very bottom of the skirt from where I caught the curb during a 'crawling slow' gentle turn out of a parking spot. It's not noticeable unless you kneel down and look under the skirt. Think I'll just leave it :)