Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sighting Other 3s -- Eerie Absence, Sudden Confluence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I drove cross country from Los Angeles to Rhode Island, via New Orleans, back in 1986, I was amazed while driving through Texas in rural areas....every body waved at you as you drove by! At first I thought I must have my high beams on or something....but nope....they're just happy to see another car. Simpler times.

Motorcyclists have the subtle wave (under the handlebar), sports car drivers have the wave (except Ferrari drivers who are just full of themselves), boaters have their vigorous wave (or they won't be spotted), so I don't see why Tesla M3 drivers can't have a wave. A nod only works in special cases like side-by-side stops. Perhaps they should use AP and put both hands out the window.:rolleyes:

For motorcyclist (or at least out here), sports bikes wave to other sports bikes and Harley riders wave to other Harleys. There is no cross-waving! I hope that doesn't happen with M/Xs vs 3s (although there are going to be so many 3s on the road you will not be able to keep up with all the waving).

When I drove cross country from Los Angeles to Rhode Island, via New Orleans, back in 1986, I was amazed while driving through Texas in rural areas....every body waved at you as you drove by! At first I thought I must have my high beams on or something....but nope....they're just happy to see another car. Simpler times.
My parents live out in a rural area in Texas and people still wave. Although I get fewer waves when driving my wife's Prius...Weird that.