Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silicon Valley Tesla Owners Sound Off!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You must not be a native either.:smile:

I still remember the day when I told someone to turn on 17 in North San Jose from 101. The person got very lost! 880 was 17 for many years before it became an official interstate highway. I still think of it sometimes as 17.

I suspect it has to do with all the 80s - 85, 87, 280, 880, 680, 580 - over here. "The" just sounds odd next to an 80.

Is this the "stone the outsiders" thread? Where can I hide?

hahaha .... Humboldt? :tongue:
oh wait, you want to hide from the stoners?

I am from Los Altos and still get down there too often (actually Born in RWC too!). Much prefer the no traffic lifestyle, especially in my S!
and Highways up here are mostly just #'s too, not 'the 299' or the 36, although I think 101 can go both ways but it runs through SoCal too, maybe that's the reason.

I doubt I would have ever considered a Tesla or even know about them if I didn't grow up in the Techy era of the Bay Area, really glad I was lucky enough to start there

Last edited:
Hi, Sara here. I ordered my Model S two weeks ago and the estimated delivery date is March 26! Pretty excited to say the least, and glad to connect with other owners and enthusiasts in the area. I'm in Berkeley and really looking forward to taking delivery in Fremont and getting to tour the factory! Also I'd like to put my configuration details in my signature and am not quite sure how to do it. Would welcome any assistance! Look forward to any events coming up. I went to the Corte Madera storefront to test drive and they plan to have another Cars and Coffee event in the next month or so...maybe I'll see some of you there!:biggrin:

Thanks GasDoc! The link you posted has the 'countdown' signature info....not sure it's the same as what I see on the bottom of some peoples' posts that shows their configurations and sometimes order and delivery dates. But I will post a few more times too so that I can have access to create a signature!

Thanks GasDoc! The link you posted has the 'countdown' signature info....not sure it's the same as what I see on the bottom of some peoples' posts that shows their configurations and sometimes order and delivery dates. But I will post a few more times too so that I can have access to create a signature!

After five posts you can go into your User Settings and add a signature. I just copy and pasted someone else's and then filled it in with my own info.