Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver AWD configurations and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the "Edit Design" button really mean anything other than confirming that Tesla can create the docs with the info you have submitted? Once I switched to cash many weeks ago, it was gone and didn't return. That said, I can still use this link...

www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN1072XXXXX (Use your correct Reservation number here to access your edit design page in a browser you are logged into your Tesla account with)

I thought about making changes MANY times, but I'd be scared to change even my wheels now, as it will update you to the new higher pricing for AWD, paint, & delivery. I have not heard a peep from Tesla since early July when I asked them to edit registration info for me. The ISA doesn't respond now to email.

Does the "Edit Design" button really mean anything other than confirming that Tesla can create the docs with the info you have submitted? Once I switched to cash many weeks ago, it was gone and didn't return. That said, I can still use this link...

www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN1072XXXXX (Use your correct Reservation number here to access your edit design page in a browser you are logged into your Tesla account with)

I thought about making changes MANY times, but I'd be scared to change even my wheels now, as it will update you to the new higher pricing for AWD, paint, & delivery. I have not heard a peep from Tesla since early July when I asked them to edit registration info for me. The ISA doesn't respond now to email.

Are you saying even though your edit button is gone if you follow the link you posted with the reservation number that tricks the site into letting you do An edit ?

I also made the mistake of playing with the payment and did cash and lost edit button since. On the 1st made the decision to go Proformance and had to submit email request which is still yet to update.

Are you saying even though your edit button is gone if you follow the link you posted with the reservation number that tricks the site into letting you do An edit ?

Yes... It's a back door way to the page. You can still get to the edit page and change your order using it. You will likely have to copy and paste from my post because the link gets redirected to your account page otherwise. That said, I can't promise you won't get bumped to the back of the line (or front) or if they would force the new pricing on your order.

• Informative
Reactions: Benihect
Reserved 4/1/16
Invited & Configured on 6/27
Silver, AWD, Black, Aeros, EAP, FSD
Delivery estimate: Sep-Nov
Delivery center: Marina del Rey, CA

No contact/VIN yet. Paying cash so currently on the "next steps, we are drafting your contract" page with no edit button since configuration. Design link allows me to edit.

Non-owner
Reserved: 1/27/2018
Invited & Configured: 6/28/18, 6/30/18
Silver, AWD (non-p), 19", FSD, White interior
Trade-in (3-series), Financing
Estimated delivery: Oct '18 - Dec '18

Made about 30 changes (incl. eating recent price increases); recent page update shows single "Manage" panel with my car config ("Edit" button still available); no contact outside of Tesla's solar panel and test drive queries.

Non owner
Reservation: 04/01/2016
Ordered: 06/27/2018
Configuration: LR, AWD, 19" Sport wheels, EAP, Silver Metallic paint, black interior
Pickup: Charlotte, NC
Est. Delivery: Sept-Nov.
First contact ISA: 08/07/2018
Latest contact ISA: 08/11/2018, Car still in transit
VIN: 549xx
Delivery not scheduled yet

I hope they get the paint issues sorted by the time they run the silver NonP AWD cars through.
One Model 3 owner posting that his silver car had paint flaws (in another thread, not this one) does not support the conclusion that Tesla is having “paint issues” (plural) with silver Model 3’s. It is a “paint issue” (singular) with that particular car.

If you have information about multiple silver Model 3’s with paint defects, I’d like to hear about it.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
One Model 3 owner posting that his silver car had paint flaws (in another thread, not this one) does not support the conclusion that Tesla is having “paint issues” (plural) with silver Model 3’s. It is a “paint issue” (singular) with that particular car.

If you have information about multiple silver Model 3’s with paint defects, I’d like to hear about it.
It's more a general issue with erratic paint quality (underspray, thickness variation, bubbling, general consistency) not specifically endemic to silver.

It's more a general issue with erratic paint quality (underspray, thickness variation, bubbling, general consistency) not specifically endemic to silver.
Yes I have seen some posts by new Model 3 owners complaining about paint defects, and I do not question their veracity. But I know many Model 3 owners and have looked up close at many Model 3’s (they are plentiful where I live) and I have yet to hear directly about or see any paint issues myself. It is hardly a common problem.

I haven’t seen any issues with Silver either. What’s surprising is the $2,000 paint for White and Red still has the same issue of mismatch color tones on the bumpers.

• Informative
Reactions: mswlogo