Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver with black roof and textile at Menlo Park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About SLAC, cool! Ahem... no pun intended. Yeah, mornings aren't too bad but, sitting out in the parking structure at work, the leather seats do get pretty cold by 5-6 pm. And, heated seats are just more efficient at making one comfy quickly when compared to running the heater in the car full blast; less impact on range too FWIW.

I finally decided to put in my reservation last weekend (the supercharger announcement pushed me over the edge), so I've got plenty of time to decide. I don't feel like I'd be giving up too much since the textile seats look and feel pretty good. The other thing is the 12-way (vs. 8-way) adjustable seats. What are the two extra dimensions? Lumbar? What else? I guess I have another excuse to stop by the store again.

Lumbar in two directions actually to make up the additional 4-way. The only other thing is seat memory; Tesla reps have said that that comes only with leather seats - the website stated that a long time ago but, there's no mention of it anymore. If you can get the Tesla reps at Menlo to move the Silver/Textile up to the latest software update, maybe, you could check if seat memory (as part of driver profiles) does indeed work for Textile as well? That'd be great news for folks going for the cloth seats.

Congrats on the reservation!

So Lumbar height and depth?

The seat memory and profiles is a must have. If it does not come with the textile seats, then I'll definitely go with the leather, since my wife is much shorter than I am. I'll go check it out.

The seat memory and profiles is a must have. If it does not come with the textile seats, then I'll definitely go with the leather, since my wife is much shorter than I am. I'll go check it out.
A Tesla rep told me that the seat memory only came with the leather-seat upgrade. Like you, this completely dictated my decision there (which is too bad, as my wife actively prefers cloth seats)--we're both very particular about our seat and mirror positions, and they are very different. The heated seats (again, only on leather) are a plus, too. Now if Tesla will configure each fob to automatically bring up its own preferred profile, life will be good.